• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Site will be moving soon   11/22/2017

if you need any info e-mail me thechopperunderground@cox.net we will be on Godaddy (host)   WhiteWolf
captain awesome

xs650 karate mother-effers

229 posts in this topic

not sure what the hell the topic title was supposed to mean, but i bet it got your attention......

finally got a decent mockup this weekend of some parts bikes i picked up months ago. i have been slowly collecting parts and gathering info for a while now and it is finally time to show some progress.

DSCF0510.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0514.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

found out one of my front forks is bent, luckily i have a couple of sets to rummage good parts from. gonna try and shorten them up as soon as i get the hardtail finished and welded on. gonna run some mikunis on this bish as well as possibly get the permanent magnet setup going. we'll see. of course all of these things cost money so this won't be done any time soon. also gonna snag a universal ignition as well to dump the points for a more user friendly setup.

let me know what you think....

I dig the stance and the fatter tyres front and back..should be a cool scoot when complete.

like it a lot!....love the tires, what are they?

like it a lot!....love the tires, what are they?

firestone deluxe champions from coker tire. we'll see how they handle. it was between these and avon mk II.

wow! that things got greaat proportions!

+1

It looks really nicely balanced.

You know how to put together great looking bikes Captain.

thanks for the compliments guys.

this one still has a long ways to go. ultimately i feel like this project is the one i have been looking forward to the most. i got a baby coming around some time late march so i gotta get it finished before then when all the money runs out.

i'll try to keep some regular updates if possible.

also, been thinking about going black with the wheels, but not too sure on that. we'll see.

Very nice job. I like the way the tank sits on the frame, everything just lines up great.

Very nice job. I like the way the tank sits on the frame, everything just lines up great.

i've been deciding on whether or not to lower the front mount on the tank. i like it the way it is now, but would kind of like it more level with the top of the motor. for now i will run it as is.

i've been deciding on whether or not to lower the front mount on the tank. i like it the way it is now, but would kind of like it more level with the top of the motor. for now i will run it as is.

yeah, maybe a little, then it would kinda follow the primary case size and shape...... i like it. what tank isthat?

yeah, maybe a little, then it would kinda follow the primary case size and shape...... i like it. what tank isthat?

it's a hap jones wassell. making the new front mount won't be difficult, but still undecided as to whether it is needed.

it's a hap jones wassell. making the new front mount won't be difficult, but still undecided as to whether it is needed.

What I like is how the top of the tank follows the frame and has a little lean to it, but I could see how it would look good level also. Either way I like it.

Leave the tank as it is. Right now, the bottom of it parallels the top of the engine and compliments the curve of the engine cradle and the top of it flows the backbone up to the top triple tree.

/as always, that's my opinion and I could be wrong.

That tank is freaking KILLER, I wouldn't change a thing, That bike has got badass wrote all over it!

The whole machine is looking tight! What exhaust you gunna run?

I also like the blog you got going, everyone needs to check it out!

Billy

Sweet!!! I think the tank is perfect and I like shiny wheels.

The whole machine is looking tight! What exhaust you gunna run?

I also like the blog you got going, everyone needs to check it out!

Billy

i was thinking either some high shotgun pipes with some flared ends or low pipes with cocktail shakers slightly angled at the frame bend.

thanks for the kind words on the blog. i always wonder if anyone really looks at it or i just post stuff for myself to see.

A pair of staggered cocktail shakers on the right side angled to match the frame kick up would look killer.

A pair of staggered cocktail shakers on the right side angled to match the frame kick up would look killer.

i've thought about same side pipes, but unsure as to whether i will actually go that route or not. i kinda like the balanced look of things with a pipe on each side. i know i have a pic somewhere of a setup similar to what i am going for. i'll see if i can find it.

found a couple of pics of the type of pipes i am thinking of running. if i have time i am gonna photochop a set on my bike and see how she looks....

gold1.jpg

pre1.jpg

pre3.jpg

pre4.jpg

flyingdutchman2.jpg

Picture226.jpg

or something like this one...

go.jpg

The bottom pic looks kinda cool..., but so do all of them . Decisions Decisions!

post-874-1220374409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blacksmithbilly

The bottom pic looks kinda cool..., but so do all of them . Decisions Decisions!

the only problem i have with that setup is the front pipe that has to loop around the front of the downtubes. it is really difficult to loop that through the front downtubes from what i can see, and i don't want to go around the front of them like the pic you posted.

i know on one of the bikes you built a while back you were able to get the pipe to cross through like what i am talking about. i'll see if i can find a pic.

also, got a couple of questions about this top motor mount you made....

what thickness did you use for this? 3/8" or 1/4"? i am gonna have to fab a new motor mount for this project to run the tank i have on there right now. the setup you made is the cleanest i have seen or seen period for that matter.....

DSC02282__2_.jpg

got any more pics of that setup?

got any more pics of that setup?

On the exhaust , it can be done , but is pretty tight and requires small radius tubing or even donut stock.

Heres a few pics. The bracket is 1/4" thick, but on the ends that fit into the head I welded 3/8" heavy dom tubes. It required a little die grinding to get them to fit very snug.I then counterbored for some socket head cap screws in the xs head.The tight fit was needed for the head to basically sandwich clamp the new mount.

post-874-1220382443_thumb.jpg

post-874-1220382454_thumb.jpg

post-874-1220382477_thumb.jpg