• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
CB900c

CB900

29 posts in this topic

So i have finally got my neighbors bike out of the garage and can start on mine. Here are a few pictures to bring you up to date.

Start

gallery_9369_284_68108.jpg

Strip

gallery_9369_284_172831.jpg

Parts

gallery_9369_284_25612.jpg

Exhaust Connector

gallery_9369_284_3849.jpg

Right Side tack

gallery_9369_284_118811.jpg

Got a new helmet

gallery_9369_284_5297.jpg

Wife wanted to learn

gallery_9369_284_19906.jpg

Left side welded

gallery_9369_284_168470.jpg

Front Shot

gallery_9369_284_53395.jpg

Next I need to bend four swooping pieces.

Edited by CB900c

Nice start with the pipes! stick welding them is always fun!?

I love welding pics by the way :yes:

Nice start with the pipes! stick welding them is always fun!?

I love welding pics by the way :yes:

No kiding, if you can stick weld pipes your more of a man than me. You must have set it on 70-90?

Thanks, 25 on DC with 6011 1/16 rods

Edited by CB900c

Went to two swap meets this week end

gallery_9369_284_35806.jpg

Cut the fender up, I think it needs to go foward more

gallery_9369_284_58860.jpg

Back view, want to find tail light for under fender. Maybe two round ones or a cat eye.

gallery_9369_284_120645.jpg

Also went to Harbor Freight

gallery_9369_284_204565.jpg

Cut out the lights on this mount, I like the curve of the mount, but need to strip and brush the other parts around it

gallery_9369_284_79872.jpg

I need to go get the steel to finish the pipes, and the seat rails

gallery_9369_284_28415.jpg

Looks like you got a pretty good idea of where you going , looks good so far!

Not really, I am making it up as I go along. Thanks for the good words jmcd :thanks:

Lowered seat rails

gallery_9369_284_113311.jpg

Made them wider for a comfortable ride

gallery_9369_284_81692.jpg

Stick welded with 6013 3/32 at 50-60 amps

gallery_9369_284_74611.jpg

I am going to add some gussets on the front and back tomorrow. I really enjoy welding, probably wouldn't if it was my job though

I got some tail lights off ebay. I don't know what they are from.

gallery_9369_284_164601.jpg

Made some gussets. Who said drilking while woking was bad?

gallery_9369_284_38516.jpg

I wish I had a table band saw

gallery_9369_284_32280.jpg

Fitting the gussets

gallery_9369_284_110870.jpg

I could probably make these and sell them on ebay as star trek communicators

gallery_9369_284_133942.jpg

I want to make sure it holds together

gallery_9369_284_62433.jpg

I would like any comment on things you guys may see that I am doing wrong. Or ideas on ways to make it better. Thanks for looking.

Looks to me like you doin fine :thumbsup:

But I'm nobody. :whistling:

I could probably make these and sell them on ebay as star trek communicators

LOL

This was all I could get done today while the wife was at school. What do ya'll think?

gallery_9369_284_121160.jpg

Here is a back view. I hope I don't burn my leg. I think with the lowered seat I won't.

gallery_9369_284_120936.jpg

Edited by CB900c

Looks good. :whistling:

Put heat shields on......trust me, you'll burn yourself sooner or later. :whistling: JMO

Thanks rider. I was thinking of putting heat shields on where my legs pass. Made out of pipe with the same bend, maybe with holes in them like a gun heat shield.

I think you've done a great job with the frame mods, and the gussets are great. Pipes look great too, and I would put heat shields of some sort on them, because Rider's dead on the money. It's not if you'll get burned, but when, and how bad. I still have a faint scar on my calf from 27 years ago from a head pipe giving me a third degree burn. Glenn.

My wife was tired all day, so I got some proggress done. It is driving me crazy how slow I am working.

Back bone tie in and tank mount

gallery_9369_284_14716.jpg

Working on the cut out for the seat

gallery_9369_284_128188.jpg

First attempt on the seat ended up with bad lines on the front. I didn't leave enough material to bend around the tank mount.

gallery_9369_284_42192.jpg

Second attempt better. I am going to hide the mount with seat pading and cover

gallery_9369_284_145135.jpg

Really nice project you got over there, and as b'smithbilly told you, you must be a good welder with that stick to use it for exhausts...the way you lowered your seat rails is great and welding flat bar supports to the back bone tubing before cutting surely shows that you know what you are doing.

However, I would go for a smaller gas tank or cut up the existing one...believe me, it will give the bike more proportion and enhance the overall look... :thumbsup:

I like the tank. With that seat pan and the exhaust it looks good.

But I'm a fan of big tanks. :whistling:

How the hell did I miss this build? Nice project, I like the pipes alot. Plus I am happy to hear that I am not the only one that has a wife cool enough to want to work in the shop.

Thanks guys! :thanks: First I can't take credit for the supports on the back bone (it came that way), but I did take into account that it would hold it in place for me. Second I like the tank, it is supposed to go with all the curves of the bike, like headlight mount, pipes, seat, and fender. I am down for suggestions if your guys think it is too big. Third my wife is cool as shit, and does like to spend some time in the garage, but still not as much as I do.

Thanks guys! :thanks: First I can't take credit for the supports on the back bone (it came that way), but I did take into account that it would hold it in place for me. Second I like the tank, it is supposed to go with all the curves of the bike, like headlight mount, pipes, seat, and fender. I am down for suggestions if your guys think it is too big. Third my wife is cool as shit, and does like to spend some time in the garage, but still not as much as I do.

Great job so far i have a 900f i like the hondas. You should try a smaller tank I think i would match your bikes style better just my opinion :thumbsup:

Its been a long time. I need to get back on it and update you guys.

gallery_9369_284_31398.jpg

gallery_9369_284_240663.jpg

Nice work! looks good!

Looking great. I think the tank looks good. It seems like the bike needs to be raked a little or something.

I think it looks great! I like how the tank swoops back into a smooth dip in the seat and continues the curve into the back fender. I wasn't sure how it was going to look earlier in the post, but man I think its one of the nicer 900's I've seen done. And to do it with a stick, man you got my respect for sure.

Regards,

D.