• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackjack

Building a Bike Based Trike

36 posts in this topic

Depends what you're building.

If you just want a toy to fuck around with for a couple of weeks until the novelty wears off or you crash it, who gives a fuck what you use?

If you want some actual transport that isn't a threat to life and limb, then I already told you....

I wished I could find the picture of a trike that was built using a shaft drive motorcycle engine and used a VW trans mission for the rear differential. Just hooked the driveshaft to the input shaft on the VW transmission That way he had Reverse. It was really clean setup. You can tell he really took his time.

Depends what you're building.

If you just want a toy to fuck around with for a couple of weeks until the novelty wears off or you crash it, who gives a fuck what you use?

If you want some actual transport that isn't a threat to life and limb, then I already told you....

Yes, you did. Very informative, Blackjack, thank you. My mom is wanting a trike, since she is in her 60s. You definately gave me some answers.

But I still have a question on rearends. Independants fall out in the corner, understand that.

What about using 3 or 4 point mounted rearend with a transverse leaf so its not independant? Would I get a similar falling out in the corner?

I would hate to have to build the backhalf again just to find out.

But I still have a question on rearends. Independants fall out in the corner, understand that.

What about using 3 or 4 point mounted rearend with a transverse leaf so its not independant? Would I get a similar falling out in the corner?

I would hate to have to build the backhalf again just to find out.

imho

i wouldnt worry too much about the lean out...

i will take the better ride of an irs with the lean any day any where....

over a non irs or even worse a solid rear....back in 78 i built a suzuki t550 2 stroke with a solid axle...which at the time wasnt horrible... i was very young and the ride didnt bother me then .....then i built a honda v65 with a subaru rear then an flf with a corvette rear, then built a v max with a mazda rx 7 rear...which became my main ride i have just under 60k since i built it .... not unusual to do 750-1000 miles on a weekend

and ive never felt uneasy.... with the irs the suspension has to compress on the outside and extend on the inside before you will lift a wheel and unless the rear is extreemly narrow or you are trying real hard you will never lift a wheel.... i have ridden some of the factory wing conversion with out the irs.... on a back road if it is uneven the seat seems to move as much side to side with the road ... where with the irs the suspension sucks most of that up....

just my findings over the years you results may vary

good luck what ever you deside

stace

It might be six and a half years later (I've been busy...) but here's a video of that V-Max.

Guy sold it on last summer, still looks much the same.

What the fuuuuuucccckkkkkk!?!!!?!!?!  He lives!  Welcome back, Blackjack

Like I said, I've been busy....   :-)

well since your back and you might not have seen her

here she is

P1010011.JPG

Who's the other wierd guy wit da white beard?