• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
BLACK²

My $10 motorcycle lift/table

29 posts in this topic

Super stoked, just picked up an old hospital bed to make a lift out of it, so far im in it for a whole whopping $10 :ph34r: Im going to weld up some square tube to extend it a bit, throw a sheet of steel over the top, and fab up a wheel chock. Got it off craigslist, if anyone in the illinois area wants one the guy has one left.. Link It only goes up about 30 inches, but that's perfect for me, and its fully electric! Pay no attention to the turd on top....

post-10042-1266283006_thumb.jpg

post-10042-1266282999_thumb.jpg

post-10042-1266282990_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLACK²

where bouts you at man? thats a cool fuggin deal!

where bouts you at man? thats a cool fuggin deal!

I'm out in aurora, about 4 hours from Hamilton. I was going to grab the other just for scrap and motors, but i have enough BS projects going on right now.

Edited by BLACK²

That's cool as shit man. Whats the weight capacity on that baby?

It says it can handle 750, should be good for the smaller bikes.

thats the scariest fukin hospital bed I ever saw!

That is a very cool idea, but i don't have the room for something like that. :ph34r:

I've got an idea in my head though for a table that will attach to my workbench, be able to lower the end to roll the bike up on it, lift it with a standard small floor jack, and be able to remove it from the bench when not needed.

It'll be cool if it doesn't kill me. <.<

Edited by RIDER924

i've turned down people giving those away, I may reconsider next time.

Is it really rated for 750? is that how much hospitalized people weigh these days?

Sheee-IT! I'm only a couple hours from you.

If you can grab the other one, I'll come get it in the next couple days and double your money!

In fact my wife & I might be going to Munster, IN to check out a bike for her this coming weekend.

Cheers,

- JJ

Ft. Atkinson WI 53538

Edited by BubbaKahuna

That's a cool idea. I'll be keeping my eyes out for a bed now.

After I read this they had one for free today on CL if I only had the room I would have got it.

way cool oohh if that bed could talk?

Thats awesome. I am going to keep my eyes open for one around here at a good price. HaHa thats awesome.

any picts of it with the wheel chock and extended?

you probably should have grabbed some extra parts, especially cables or controls. when something goes wrong with those beds, it snowballs. for you guys looking for beds to use, call up local nursing homes, they should have a few.

I never did extend it, im regretting it now. i did lay a sheet of galvanized over the top so all the nuts and bolts stopped falling through the holes. Ill extend it later for sure, but all in all still very happy with it. No problems with the motors or anything, and even if there was there are two spares on-board from the head and foot adjustments that don't get used. The bike on it now is raked out 40* with a 3" stretch, just about pushing the size limit...

post-10042-1283221890_thumb.jpg

lookin good man!! you could probably even cut the legs down to get it closer to the ground. that way it would be easier to get a bike on it, but u couldn't raise it as far. Still beats 500 for a cheap one!

where do u put the quarters in to make it vibrate?

I know this is an old post but do you know what make or year that bed is? I really would like to have one now that I have seen this one.

No manufacturer markings anywhere, just some weird SKU # and a load rating. I couldn't even find a similar one when i searched Google. But i have seen similar ones on craigslist pretty cheap.

I have searched craigslist in my area and cant find nothing. even tried other cities.

Once upon a time, I used to work in the home medical supply industry. I learned more about that stuff than I ever wanted too. lol. Be careful when buying second hand beds and make sure that you are getting what you need. The bed pictured is a bariatric unit. Full electric to boot. Most standard beds are going to be semi-electric, which elevates the head or foot section to an incline, but does not raise and lower the entire frame. The reason for the prevalence of this type is that the requirements for insurance to cover a full elec bed are much more strict. A standard bed has a wire and spring web insted of that steel platform as well. The weight limit on a standard be is around 350 or 400 lbs. It will not be enough for a bike. The heavy duty beds come in several varieties and weight limits so just be sure of what you are getting.