• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
BLACK²

My $10 motorcycle lift/table

29 posts in this topic

Once upon a time, I used to work in the home medical supply industry. I learned more about that stuff than I ever wanted too. lol. Be careful when buying second hand beds and make sure that you are getting what you need. The bed pictured is a bariatric unit. Full electric to boot. Most standard beds are going to be semi-electric, which elevates the head or foot section to an incline, but does not raise and lower the entire frame. The reason for the prevalence of this type is that the requirements for insurance to cover a full elec bed are much more strict. A standard bed has a wire and spring web insted of that steel platform as well. The weight limit on a standard be is around 350 or 400 lbs. It will not be enough for a bike. The heavy duty beds come in several varieties and weight limits so just be sure of what you are getting.

ya it was a no go on the bed it was scraped out. damn it. so I am stll on the look out.

most of the people who die in the USA die in hospitals and of those 99% die in bed so i'd be real carefull about laying down on that thing for any reason.

but any way most of the stuff i'm familuar with that has a weight rating has a safety factor of 3 or 4 to 1 so i wouldn't hesitate to load that sucker up to 1000 lbs and push the button.

oh yeah,tools, beer and babes need to be figured into all that math shit!

old thread but deal with it:

i got give a second hand mortuary trolley some time ago, has a hydraulic scissor lift mechanism. i made a little ramp, and a chock. works VERY nicely. the bonus is that it is only 600mm wide. at its lowest it is 270mm from the floor, at its highest 6 foot. never going to that high. i have a 1980 CB750 with a dry wheight of 253kg (560 pounds) not too much of a problem. the lift is only rated for 180kg (400pounds).

th_20120218_175342.jpg

no more sitting ont he cold cement floor. whatever you can get that works, i can really recommend it.

Dude, I feel like I've been here before... just, A LONG TIME AGO. I was surprised to see that I wasn't looking at the first post. Hell I wasn't even sent to the first page.

When a co worker pointed out that sitting on hard surfaces can promote hemroids I made an extra effort to get off the concrete. When I can't get help, my bike lift is a depression in the yard. Parking the truck in that loads the bike into the bed. Backing the truck to the shed makes it easy to go to the table. Bike lifted.