• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
skr00zloose

DNA springer onto an XS650 neck: a how-to

37 posts in this topic

It is a fact . Less than the recommended gap and under hard braking or potholes or even railroad tracks the tire will come in contact with the inside of the fender and will bend the front legs forward as well as stop the tire/wheel from turning .The leg part sucks but nowhere near as much as the stopped wheel will suck . No matter who's legs they are they are not designed for that style load .

The other part of the problem is the mounts are on the front leg which would lead you to believe it will stay the same distance away from the tire all the time . Not true . Because the axle is forward of the pivot it travels faster or at a greater ratio of what the leg travels . Be careful and ask lots of questions .

Edited by Red Good

Does any one know if u could run a 4"over DNA springer without changing the rake angle

I'm planing on flipping the rockers so it will only be 3" longer than stock ?

I already have the springer so I have to make it work somehow !?

Does any one know if u could run a 4"over DNA springer without changing the rake angle

I'm planing on flipping the rockers so it will only be 3" longer than stock ?

I already have the springer so I have to make it work somehow !?

Is it 4 over your stock fork length? Or is it 4 over what the springer was built for?

You know that flipping the rockers will throw the trail out in left field. It's safer to have to much trail than not enough(can you say tank slapped)

Try it out and measure. That will tell you if it will work or not.

It's 26" from bottom of the triples to centre of the axle.

It's 4 " longer than a 2 under dna which is supposed to measure 22" but I've heard many different measurements ?

It's 26" from bottom of the triples to centre of the axle.

It's 4 " longer than a 2 under dna which is supposed to measure 22" but I've heard many different measurements ?

Regular hydraulic forks measure from the top of the tree. Springers measure from the bottom of the tree.

Just a quick update I used the races from the bearing kit from mikes Xs for my xs400 with trailer bearings and it works great on my Buell front end with the shortening of the stem and lower bearing cup. Thanks so much for this write up I was about to do a lot sketchier mod on my stem before I read this

I've had all the motor mounts chrome.plated along with the toward controls

2cp2ouq.jpg

Gorgeous bike hated......