• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Site will be moving soon   11/22/2017

if you need any info e-mail me thechopperunderground@cox.net we will be on Godaddy (host)   WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lone Wolf

Modern Day Racer?

18 posts in this topic

Which bikes would you guys consider modern day cafe racers? The Ducati super sport 1000, and Triumph thruxton are obvious choices. But what about the Buell 1125 CR, the Ducati monster, the Triumph speed triple, the Suzuki SV650? Any others that I'm missing? Would it be safe to say that the modern sport bike/ crotch rockets are now the cafe racers?

Which bikes would you guys consider modern day cafe racers? The Ducati super sport 1000, and Triumph thruxton are obvious choices. But what about the Buell 1125 CR, the Ducati monster, the Triumph speed triple, the Suzuki SV650? Any others that I'm missing? Would it be safe to say that the modern sport bike/ crotch rockets are now the cafe racers?

i wouldnt say that at all.

some one can turn them into cafe racers i suppose. but they arent cafe racers out of the factory.

just like a harley wide glide aint a chopper.

modern and caferacer is kind of an oxymoron. plenty of room for x over of course. but a cafe has a certain amount of nostalgic appeal as the result of owner modification.

anyone who goes out and buys triumph new speed 3 or a duck monster, and thinks makes them ton up, is full of bull!

That being said, if I were to do a modern-based cafe, the thruxton and duck supersport would be at the top of the list for beginning platforms.

That being said, if I were to do a modern-based cafe, the thruxton and duck supersport would be at the top of the list for beginning platforms.

What about the retro guzzi ?

Oh and if you start with a scrambler it is already phased at 270 unlike the bonnie or Thruxton.

Ducati 1000 Paul Smart edition

paulsmart1000ducati.jpg

Yes, please.

What about the retro guzzi ?

Oh and if you start with a scrambler it is already phased at 270 unlike the bonnie or Thruxton.

I always think more cruisey with a Guzzi. LOL. They are pretty sweet too. Also: I totally didn't know that about the scramblers!? How the shit did I never hear that? I'm pretty excited to hear that, really.

Check this Guzzi out!

216900_209678862394855_132848513411224_7

I was at the Ace Café last week, I saw this beauty there:

post-247-1303240141_thumb.jpg

+1 :thumbsup:

That Guzzi is wicked!!!! :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:
That Guzzi is wicked!!!! :thumbsup:

+2

beautiful bikes E-man, but i thought this thread was about MODERN bikes?

i can't wait to see a Daytona 1055!!!

Well, I'm with Hacksaw. "Modern day Café Racers" is an oxymoron. The transport cafés aren't around nearly as much as they were, been replaced by those godawful "Happy Eaters" as far as I can tell. I didn't notice groups of ton-up types racing from one Happy Eater to the next.

Remembering that the term "Café Racer" used to be derogatory, meaning that's all they were good for, poor copies of the TT racers. Modern sportbikes are good enough to race for real.

Therefore, to me, the 'Norvin" I posted is 10000000 times more interesting than a retro styled new bike.

got to agree about the Guzzi - drop dead gorgeous!! here's one from Royal Enfield, not got much balls but a good starting block.

clubman-static3.jpg

Therefore, to me, the 'Norvin" I posted is 10000000 times more interesting than a retro styled new bike.

i agree 100%

Remembering that the term "Café Racer" used to be derogatory, meaning that's all they were good for, poor copies of the TT racers. Modern sportbikes are good enough to race for real.

also agreed!

Check this Guzzi out!

216900_209678862394855_132848513411224_7

I was at the Ace Café last week, I saw this beauty there:

post-247-1303240141_thumb.jpg

That Guzzi is awesome!

Got ya, guess I gotta brush up on my cafe racer history. Never knew it was derrogatory till recently. What's so special about the scrambler engine being 270 degrees? I know it has less horsepower than the thruxton.

Got ya, guess I gotta brush up on my cafe racer history. Never knew it was derrogatory till recently. What's so special about the scrambler engine being 270 degrees? I know it has less horsepower than the thruxton.

The sound they make . It's all about the sound.

And they run fairly good.

I have ridden mine from knoxville Tn to Kansas City And it was just fun .