• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
rustyhillbilly

Deathtrap

130 posts in this topic

Well' I had to back up and punt on the flash light tail/brake light. It worked fine but shakes so bad I can't keep a bulb in it. I put the light from my Yammy on it for now until I can pick up an LED for it. Now if I can get the weather to cooperate and stop raining on me every time I crank it up...

That tail light is awesome! I'm trying to do a military themed bike so i really like that idea.. i might have to steal it to make something differet. You got some great ideas.. keep building!

Have a ball with it, bro...I saw one used for a tag light and took the idea and ran with it. I use this for my daily ride, weather permitting, so I gotta stay on top of things and keep shit fixed. I'm already thinking about an alternate way to mount it to help with the vibs.

Well' I had to back up and punt on the flash light tail/brake light. It worked fine but shakes so bad I can't keep a bulb in it. I put the light from my Yammy on it for now until I can pick up an LED for it. Now if I can get the weather to cooperate and stop raining on me every time I crank it up...

That tail light is awesome! I'm trying to do a military themed bike so i really like that idea.. i might have to steal it to make something differet. You got some great ideas.. keep building!

Have a ball with it, bro...I saw one used for a tag light and took the idea and ran with it. I use this for my daily ride, weather permitting, so I gotta stay on top of things and keep shit fixed. I'm already thinking about an alternate way to mount it to help with the vibs.

I saw a house trailer going down the highway in south Texas with 2 military flashlights ducktaped to the back and red grease rags for the lenses. Dont suppose it had brake lights.

Dusty

I used to live in Tennessee. Back them they didn't have an inspection or require insurance. It was freaky what you'd see running around, especially out in the sticks. Shit that even I would think twice about driving.

Got some LEDs today. I think that will solve my blown bulb issues...

post-15841-0-55929500-1322765331_thumb.j

Seems a bit brighter too but can't really tell in the day light. I'll find out later this evening when I come home from school. I also welded a top loop on the fender struts to help stabilize them more and help keep the vibes to a minimum.

I very nearly had a nasty experience a little bit ago. Rode out to wally world to fetch some stuff for the Ol'Lady. Some dingy broad backs out in front of me so I jam on the brakes and get rewarded with a sickening snapping sound and absolutly no brakes.

Fortunatly I was already slowed down enough to avoid eating rear bumper and cuss the idiot driving the car.

At first I thought the actuator had broken inside the brake drum. Being as I was already where I was going, I went in and got my stuff and eased my way back home. Upon further inspection in the dungeon, this is what I found....

post-15841-0-08351500-1323474818_thumb.j

post-15841-0-46131700-1323474841_thumb.j

This is the bellcrank for the rear brake which I made. I guess I should've welded it up a little better the first time around.

post-15841-0-78606400-1323475078_thumb.j

At any rate, It's welded back together and beefed up to hopefully prevent any future OH-SHIT! moments.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

I think that would set the pucker factor to about 11.

/and this, kids, is why you should have brakes, front and rear

//the more you know

//and knowing is half the battle

uh yea at least a 11 , but thank goodness it was all good.

:thumbsup:

/and this, kids, is why you should have brakes, front and rear

//the more you know

//and knowing is half the battle

Bahhh! What ya need brakes for? :thumbdown:

They just slow ya down! :harhar:

Seriously, glad you're OK.

Thanks, fellers. I am glad I was winding down 2nd and jammed it in 1st and got a good swerve in. Good thing I was paying attention to her, she was the only car on the right side. She just threw it in reverse and floored it, never even looked in my direction...

I got a new disc set-up on the front...I put a longer hose on and ran out of fluid before I got it bled out right. I got a fresh bottle and will be tending to that before She moves outa her track again. I've got a fried brake switch again, but I have one I can pull off to use.

On the good side, the LED unit I plugged into the tail light is doing great, nice and bright. I'm still noodle'n over a better air filter set-up for it, we'll see what I can cook up... Later, fellers....

Edited by rustyhillbilly

Glad you're OK.

Assholes around here never look when they back up and if you hit them, they'll pissed as hell cuz YOU didn't see THEM. Excuse me ?

Maxx and I are in total agreement on front brakes. :thumbsup:

I got it all buttoned back up and put a different switch in. That required some parts making, always fun, and I rerouted the wires while I was at it making for a cleaner look.

When that shit happened, I didn't even have time to grab the front lever. After I got some fluid in it and bled to a good firm pull, I figgered it for good. When I took out this morning for a putt there was no pressure at the lever. There are no leaks and it builds enough push to move the caliper just not enough to brake effecively. All the parts are new-ish, just put on in Oct. so there shouldn't be any wear and tear issues. I'll look into it a little more and see what I find out. I do have one or two extra MCs kicking around that I could stick on to see what the deal is.

Just got back from visiting my little girl... It's her 8th birthday. I rode up for the visit and noticed there was a miss/stumble above 1/2 throttle. It seemed to be pulling just fine then it would act like it wasn't getting any fire. I'm thinking the coil and or the plug wire are going to shit. I guess I'm gonna pull one of the coils of the 750 to see if it does any better...

i'm a great fan of the people who do their own stuff out of junk or other people's "nonsense". This is the true talent... equivalent to what is seen in places like thailand where people don't have any sofisticated tools to use and still astonish us. No one likes the bullshit artists on TV with all their CNC toys and 100 grand cars... WELL DONE MAN

Well, I swapped the coils out. It puts out a better spark now and has a new plug in it as well. I built another pipe for it as well as a new breather. I gotta get batteries for the camera before I'll have pix. Hope every one has a Happy New Year. Good luck to all who are in the bbo this year!!!

Well, it's been a while. I've kept the road hot on this thing...rain, snow or shine. I actually got to go for a joy ride this evening before school and took the camera with me.

post-15841-0-47702400-1327036557_thumb.j

Down behind the machine shop...

post-15841-0-98360200-1327036730_thumb.j

post-15841-0-61761500-1327036765_thumb.j

post-15841-0-14592100-1327036812_thumb.j

The Blue Ridge Mtns. make a nice back drop...

post-15841-0-20349400-1327036917_thumb.j

That's a sun set, but it didn't turn out too good...

post-15841-0-37705700-1327037019_thumb.j

The loading dock of one of the furniture plants that are no longer in business here...

The weather is supposed to be clear this weekend. I hope to get out and do some riding and get some pix in different spots...

Enjoy!!!

That thing just makes me smile every time I see it. :thumbup1:

How's the XS coming along?

That thing just makes me smile every time I see it. :thumbup1:

How's the XS coming along?

The 750 is sadly at a stand still right now. I'll be able to get her moving along when I get my student loan next month. This thing wil be getting a little up-grade too...but I ain't saying just what yet. Mostly cause I'm still undecided as to exactly what I want to do.

The motor I have now runs great, even if it is a bit cold natured, it is just too small for this frame. I'm looking into something with a little more umph.

I am happy to say that my newly built air filter set-up is working out really well. I used the air box from a tiller motor (5hp) so I can pick up a filter at lowe's or any lawn mower shop. The main thing is that it keeps water out of the carb in wet weather.

I also made up a new pipe/muffler for it. Between the two I'm getting about all I can outa this poor little motor.

The tail light also got a new lens in the form of a lid from a scented candle jar. Now you can see it clearly at least a mile away and from the side as well. All in all, the Deathtrap has far exceeded all my expectations. Most of my class mates can't believe it still runs... One of 'em has gone through three brand new "scooters" since I have had this bike up and running. And I've still got way less in it money-wise than he paid down on the last one that blew up. I gave $18 for the donor bike the motor came from. The tires are the most spendy part on the whole thing.

In retrospect, I would've done a couple things different, mostly with the rear wheel size in relation to the motor size. Other than that, I'm happy with what I made from a bunch of junk!!!

i love the thing it is just neat man looks fun as hell

Edited by wizard41681

i love the thing it is just neat man looks fun as hell

It is alot of fun. I have had zero trouble for her. The only time it takes more than one kick is if it gets really cold. There's an E-start and it works, just seems to fire quicker on the kicker. So far, all the parts I've used have been recycled for other junk or parts pulled from other bikes. Now that I've put some major milage on her, I'm gonna toss a NEW motor in and see what happens.

I'm real pleased with how well the frame handles, concidering this was my first attempt at frame fab. I'm also going to find a little wider rear rim.

Fun and dependable, I think I've gotten as close as I could with what I had to work with.

The new motor is on the way. There is also a new carb and filter, new high out put coil, new intake and gaskets. Hope to have it all by the weekend. This will be fun!!!!

Well, got the heart transplant done. Went from 48 to 110 cc. Motor fired on the second kick. Runs great, too... It's 62* and sunny. I'm gonna go put some miles on her. I'll put up some pix later, right now I'm ridin'....

Thats cool as hell I been wanting to do something with one of those 110 motors.

she'll tote my ass as fast as I want to ride around here. I'd say the fun factor went up by about ten...

she'll tote my ass as fast as I want to ride around here. I'd say the fun factor went up by about ten...

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Okay...

post-15841-0-75219200-1330814135_thumb.j

post-15841-0-52955500-1330814146_thumb.j

post-15841-0-21010400-1330814154_thumb.j

post-15841-0-38559600-1330814165_thumb.j

So far this little motor has done wonderfully. Chinese maybe, but still a good motor. I thought there would be some difference in the wiring but it all mated up just fine. No more cold natured not wanting to start either, by damn...

I'll get some video up as soon as I can find someone to hold the camera...