• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Contract Killer

CK's CB900C Project

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, been lurking on the site and checking things out for a while and thought I'd share what I've been up to.

I recently bought a 1982 CB900 to use as a daily rider. Being the type of guy that can't leave shit alone I started working on small stuff here and there. Once winter rolls around I'll be able to make real progress but for the time being, here she is.

The bike was ugly when I brought her home. Torn and half-assed patched seat, pitted chrome, faded paint, ugly fairing, even uglier rack, and a cheap CD player mounted up front. The good news is the bike was mechanically sound. Started right up, ran great, and needed only routine maintenance to get her road worthy.

photobucket-66366-1331348939069.jpg

After a brake rebuild and fresh fluids, new rubber, and the removal of that stupid rack I was able to get to work. All new lighting was ordered for front and rear. I went with a tombstone brake light, some smaller turn signals, and a 5" headlight. I have the rear lights installed and I've been waiting on some new brackets to mount the fronts. Since the seat was thrashed I replaced the whole thing. Being a big guy I wanted something a bit wider for more comfort but I wanted it to look good too. I dropped fifty bucks on a brand new factory seat that was taken off an 05 Road Glide and made custom mounts. If you're a HD fan, sorry, I know it's taboo to put Harley parts on a rice burner. But blasphemy is so much fun! Oh, and I've got a set of saddlebags on order because, well, riding around with a backpack is kinda fabulous.

photobucket-17712-1333934233830.jpg

photobucket-19071-1333934458553.jpg

Still not sure what direction this bike will go. Not really a bagger, not really a bobber, definitely not a cafe. The plans are to ditch the fairing (hence the new headlight and signals), replace the rear fender with one off a Sportster or something, fab some bars and exhaust, lowered suspension, and finish the paint.

Edited by Contract Killer

Welcome to TCU.

looks like a good project...keep us posted.

Fairing is now off the bike and the new lights are mounted up front. When I took the pic I was just getting the brackets mocked and I hadn't tucked the wiring or anything yet.

photobucket-24242-1334206231823.jpg

Now that it's on I'm not sure I like this particular light. Truthfully I kind of wish I had gotten a stock light so I had more output and a place to put all the wiring. And I may just order one.

I also ordered a set of clubman bars. The plan is to flip them so they have about an inch of rise rather than using them in the traditional manner.

Took some pics this afternoon while I was out riding. Without the fairing it's like a completely different bike!

photobucket-31479-1334264139967.jpg

photobucket-24894-1334264100922.jpg

photobucket-30309-1334264021949.jpg

The saddlebag brackets came in, gotta get those mounted up. The bags themselves should be here tomorrow or Monday and my bars should come in tomorrow as well.

Parked the bike in a car wash to wait out the heavy rain and lightning earlier and while I was waiting I snagged some pics with the bags on. Seems like even the small things can really change a bike's look.

photobucket-6862-1334373152620.jpg

Edited by Contract Killer

they let anyone on here huh? lol Hi guys. friends.gif

bigjeff