• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crashcollins

Mid life crisis

379 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me wether a 9/16" brake master cylinder will work with dual twin pot discs ?

This could go one of two ways . Fingers crossed it goes well .

post-26423-137193876379_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137193889333_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137193890822_thumb.jpg

ahu9ebur.jpg

Edited by Crashcollins

Can anyone tell me wether a 9/16" brake master cylinder will work with dual twin pot discs ?

dunno, bikes to new for me to know lol, likin the build tho.

go back to the original tank and buy a automotive fuel pump and adjustable regulator and mount them externally. I'd also nix the shock and go with a short pair of seat springs, I'd also make a sea pan that follows the lines of the frame a little closer. If the bike is fuel injected you might want to consider a dynojet powercommander to help you get her in tune. Great looking project.

As fa as radiators go, check some of the water cooled dirt bikes like the YZF450 that have loonynum side mounted rads that could be mounted up front by the neck, under the tank

Edited by gixxer1300r

Finally got it started today . That 1250 cc engine sounds great .

Finished tool box

post-26423-137426253149_thumb.jpg

Got hold of an MV Augusta F4 exhaust now im looking at working it into the Chop

post-26423-137426264422_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137426266119_thumb.jpg

Wild looking bike!!

If you make a trip to a custom bike shop for some reason , You might ask if anyone knows Chris Barber. He has built some wild machines . One was an ALFA V6 powered ridgid , http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ALFA-BEAST&qpvt=ALFA-BEAST&FORM=IGRE He also built a DESM-HARLEY http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=DESMO-HARLEY&qpvt=DESMO-HARLEY&FORM=IGRE I think he is in LONDON somewhere. He's a mechanical GENIUS and loves to help out guys with their bike builds and a great guy to know!!

Xnavylfr(CHUCK)

post-26423-137440725781_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137440729248_thumb.jpg

Tank painted

Side panels painted

Tool boxes painted

Bars painted

The only problem is now that I've put it all together for the first time i hate the colour . WHAT WAS I THINKING ?

Back to Black i think .

You're right- that looks amazing! And you're right- that color has to go. :big_boss:

I like the color....and the bike, love the exhaust.

But everyone here knows I'm a little on the odd side.

The way it looks now, you may look like you're humping a great grey water mellon. :naughtywag:

So the color now makes it look like you're humping a basket ball.... so what. Ride it like it is and let the bike tell you what color it wants to be.

The way it looks now, you may look like you're humping a great grey water mellon. :naughtywag:

So the color now makes it look like you're humping a basket ball.... so what. Ride it like it is and let the bike tell you what color it wants to be.

To be fair, can you blame the man? Hell of a bike, regardless what color it is!

No way do i wanna look like im shagging a pumpkin so i have already started spraying it all black .

Now im scratching my head wondering how im gonna mount this fender ?

post-26423-137499670426_thumb.jpg

And im waiting for my shiny new Hand Controls to clear customs .

Could you weld a tab to bolt it on the frame in 2 spots then weld a tab and bolt on 2 of the exhausts? Are they that strong? I assume you dont want to have a support coming up from the frame near the wheel.

Decided against using those exhausts now . Don't think they look right on this build . I don't really want supports coming up from axle . So back to the drawing board with this fender . Might slide it further down into the frame so there is less overhang to support .

If you are NEVER going to have a pasenger sitting on the fender then you may not need a support on the fender. If you have a good tab to connect to the back of the seat in the center and one on each edge of the fender.

That or do they have Sky Hooks in England?

This bike is going to be solely for my own personal pleasure . So no pillions to worry about . Whats a sky hook ? Might have a go at making some support struts this weekend once I've finished tacking on my pegs .

Hand controls arrived from the US today and I'm very happy with them . Loving the built in switches . But how do i get the brake lever to activate the brake lights ?

post-26423-13753997096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crashcollins

aha sky hooks nope none here but i have got some chicken lips ;)

:harhar: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Why's it so hard to get a simple 12mm banjo bolt brake light switch !! No one in the UK seems to have any and if i order from the US they want $60 in shipping . Im beginning to hate my bike just a little bit .

Why did I only just now see the Enfield toolbox?

Why's it so hard to get a simple 12mm banjo bolt brake light switch !! No one in the UK seems to have any and if i order from the US they want $60 in shipping . Im beginning to hate my bike just a little bit .

If you didn't go through a period of hate and doubt then the bike wouldn't be worth building. Atleast that's what I tell myself as I am about to rebuild the top end of the Shovelhead when I haven't even broken in the bottom end rebuild from last summer. I try to tell the neighbors that I'm spraying for mosquitos but I think they are getting wise.

also old hondas have a pressure switch in the front hydraulic line. Could you adapt something like that?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Honda-CB450-Brake-Switch-/171065060446?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d445ac5e&vxp=mtr

for example

Edited by Pluto