• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crashcollins

Mid life crisis

379 posts in this topic

Why's it so hard to get a simple 12mm banjo bolt brake light switch !! No one in the UK seems to have any and if i order from the US they want $60 in shipping . Im beginning to hate my bike just a little bit .

If you are careful you can drill out a regular bolt. If you have a lathe its a snap.

Dusty

Thanks for the links guys :) im having a hard time even looking at the bike at the moment :( it seems every time i master one problem 4 more bite me in the arse . Im thinking of hiding this abbreviation in the finished paint work "TIC" standing for " This Is Chopper " to me it means owning and building my own chopper if it can break,not fit,cant find the part i just put down,have to start again . Then its a "TIC" . I didn't realise it would cost soooooo much and cause me so many sleepless nights building my idea of what a Chopper is .

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR

I have two Enfield toolboxes that I'm using on this bike i really like the look they give to the rear, widens it nicely and gives me some storage too .

Edited by Crashcollins

Z bars look good but i never want to have to wire up a set ever again !

post-26423-137685218729_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137685221432_thumb.jpg

Think the LED's built into the bars are a nice touch .

Hella cool, dude.

Nope not blinkers . I thought about doing that but went with running lights instead . This Chop is only running with LED's and HID lights . Brake, HI/LO beam , Indicators and tail lights all using the more modern style bulbs .

How things are progressing

post-26423-137823499435_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137823503982_thumb.jpg

post-26423-137823507529_thumb.jpg

Looks better in black now .

Edited by Crashcollins

The HID headlight and LED "Z" bars really brighten things up .

post-26423-137823530561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crashcollins

Bought this to keep me on the road while i build my chop .

post-26423-137840134403_thumb.jpg

Its not very well made and its leaking oil EVERYWHERE . But it will give me something to ride and i may use the yolks and fork legs on my build .

That seat must be gloriously uncomfortable, but it looks like it's got good bones.

Bought this to keep me on the road while i build my chop .

post-26423-137840134403_thumb.jpg

Its not very well made and its leaking oil EVERYWHERE . But it will give me something to ride and i may use the yolks and fork legs on my build .

That is a tough looking lil scoot!

I like the one you are building too.

Edited by thackertommy

Your ride is coming along nicely. What is the the other scoot you bought?

post-26423-137850285353_thumb.jpg

Its a 2000 suzuki bandit 1200cc engine . I dont know who built the frame . But i wanted to get an idea of how my 2011 suzuki bandit engined 1250cc chop would feel . Im burning money soooo fast on the build its beginning to scare me and i have no idea how it will handle or if i even like it . So i bought the blue one to see if i am happy with the engine etc .

It handles fine . Ground clearance is a bit of an issue . But if the heels of my boots start to rub on the tarmac then its time to straighten up . The torque is mind blowing . Its actually forcing my feet backwards off the pegs under acceleration !

Dusty that seat has to go . I rode it for about an hour over the weekend and my arse was sore all day :( think i will fit a springer seat to it at some stage .

Not surprised. That's the sort of thing that the Spanish Inquisition would have shrunk away from as being "unethical"!

After spending hours and hours cutting and welding my fuel tank into something i liked and making side panels for it and painting it 3 times ive now decided i hate it and have decided to modify this

post-26423-138087291511_thumb.jpg

Im going to cut off both sides , widen it , run a pipe right through it so i can fit a speedo into it . And possibly deepen it .

Thats if i dont completely destroy it in the process . Im also thinking of coating the finished tank in wood strips .

But you do have a gas tank on now and are riding it, right? All of the monkey-ing around is cool but if this is the only thing that is keeping you off the road... wait till winter to change cosmetics.

I think it's mean as hell. Get a smaller headlight, that thing looks like Jimmy Durante's nose. To much rake, yes, but it looks like a drag bike. Love the original gas tank & seat frame area.

Edited by wymple

The pic i posted of the blue chop is my runabout while i build my other one . Im not going to junk the first tank i made just yet but I'm going to have a play with this old rusty tank and see what i can do with it . But it needs to be bigger as i want a practical chopper that will run for at least 150 miles before it needs refuelling and it needs to take the massive internal fuel pump too . The build is nowhere near finished yet . I still have a bit of welding to do on the frame and most of the electric's not to mention that once its complete I've got to break it down and send it off to be powder coated .

post-26423-138089895119_thumb.jpg

post-26423-138089898779_thumb.jpg

150 miles? How big is that island?

Oh Hell . I think i'm going to use the first tank fuel tank as i have gone off the one i modified . All that work for nothing !

Can anyone answer me this , im planning on fitting a buddy fuel tank to hold the in tank fuel pump as it wont fit in the main tank and running a fuel line from the main tank into the buddy tank and then a fuel line from the buddy tank into the injectors . But ive never tried this and im wondering if this will work or not . Anyone got any thoughts ?