• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Crazy Cats

2002 Road King

137 posts in this topic

You are correct. The red flakes don't show up until somewhere around step 14.

We are on step 6: wetsand 600 grit. Not too aggressive just to knock down any possible high spots. Finish up with some gray scotchbrite on the edges and in the corners. I took a pic of this but will have to post it later.

Step 7: flames. Layout some flames with 1/8" fine line tape. I am then going to mask the inside of the flames instead of the outside like normal. I'll shoot some pics later as we progress.

That's gonna look sick. I'm liking the glitter ball effect.

Thanks. Still a bit more work to do though.

After the masking, I am going to just spray the edges of the flames. Light on top. Heavier on the bottom. Instead of painting the flames, I am painting the shadows of the flames. I had some clear tinted with oriental blue. I thought it was too light so I darkened it with a few drops of cobalt blue. post-11378-137317505803_thumb.jpg

I still have to clean up a couple of mistakes, but this is what I ended up with after pulling the masking

post-11378-137317513837_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137317515442_thumb.jpg

Did you use an airbrush to do the shadowing?

Yes sir I did. I have a couple but this was done with a Master. I bought it through Tcp global post-11378-137322550654_thumb.jpg

I did some stuff on the helmet this morning

This damn thing is not letting me upload the pics. I'll try again in a bit

Edited by Crazy Cats

post-11378-137322607274_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137322609464_thumb.jpg

What I haven't decided is what color is going over the helmet. I have a couple of blues, green yellow, purple, red, fuscia. I don't want to do red because the bike is going to be red. Matching helmets bug me. I used to work I. A Honda dealer and every wing sold ended up with a pair of matching color helmets. There's really nothing wrong with it. It's all in my head but it reminds me too much of that whole thing. The next step after matching helmets is the wheel of fire.

avygysaz.jpg

Anyhow. No color today. My paint booth has a dodge diesel torn apart in it. Probably shoot candy after work tomorrow.

Edited by Crazy Cats

post-11378-137322607274_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137322609464_thumb.jpg

What I haven't decided is what color is going over the helmet. I have a couple of blues, green yellow, purple, red, fuscia. I don't want to do red because the bike is going to be red. Matching helmets bug me. I used to work I. A Honda dealer and every wing sold ended up with a pair of matching color helmets. There's really nothing wrong with it. It's all in my head but it reminds me too much of that whole thing. The next step after matching helmets is the wheel of fire.

avygysaz.jpg

Anyhow. No color today. My paint booth has a dodge diesel torn apart in it. Probably shoot candy after work tomorrow.

Now, odd as it may seem........I've always dug the Wheel O Fire!

As for matching buckets....I like black tins and black helmets so.........

Black is different. I just remember the parts manager getting all crazy about getting the right shade of silver and bugandy. Drove me batty

Black is different. I just remember the parts manager getting all crazy about getting the right shade of silver and bugandy. Drove me batty

Battier ya mean. I hear what you're saying. Just bustin yer balls a bit, 'magin that!!

Shoulda just said, "Helmets suck and are for pussies!"

Bwaahahahahahaha!!!

BTW...paint looks great!!

man I love flake paint that is gonna be nice

Progress has resumed. Don't remember what number step this is

post-11378-137333344353_thumb.jpg

post-11378-13733334628_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137333348353_thumb.jpg

If laying out the flames was 7, then the shadowing would be 8 and this would 9, unless there were steps in between that we didn't see.

That is gonna really pop in the sunlight with all that flake. Are you going to be laying a ton of clear on there for depth, too?

So I guess we are on step 10. Lay out another set of flames. This time we mask the outside of the flames.

post-11378-137371717683_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137371720455_thumb.jpgpost-11378-13737172278_thumb.jpg

Step11. Black paint on the exposed areas and the front fenderpost-11378-1373717370_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137371738979_thumb.jpg

Step14 was going to be pin striping around the black. I decided that it didn't need it. So step 14 became clear coat. It still needs to be wet sanded and buffed

post-11378-137371908874_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137371910505_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137371912145_thumb.jpg

Damn that's sexy! buttrock.gif

I can't wait to see the pictures in the sunlight.

Damn, I want that on mine, but in blue! Awesome work, Kev.

Thanks guys. Surly, ship me some body work when the season is done. My winter schedule is filling up.

Thanks guys. Surly, ship me some body work when the season is done. My winter schedule is filling up.

I'm thinking about my whole Road Glide. I think it'd be easier to ride out. I'll pm you about my chopper tins, though. They'll be ready for paint soon