• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Crazy Cats

2002 Road King

137 posts in this topic

Damn that's sexy! buttrock.gif

I can't wait to see the pictures in the sunlight.

+1

The red flake over the black is killer.

Well I wasn't real happy with the clear. It was kind of dry. I wet sanded and slathered some more clear on there. It gave me a chance to cleacoat the helmet too.

post-11378-137384050976_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137384052677_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137384054505_thumb.jpg

Sick paint man, I'm not a huge fan of red or flames (with the exception being old school flames on flat black hotrods) but that paint is killer! The green is outstanding too. You painter guys blow me away, I don't have the patience for all that prep work nor the steady hand required for airbrushing.

Ya got skills! :buttrock:

wet sanded and buffed last night. Going to hold the final pics back until reassembly. Hope to get a few hours in on it tonight. Still have some mechanical projects to finish. I bought some new bars that advertised stock cables and I have been lied to! Don't have time to dick around with that stuff so the stock bars are going back on. When am ready to do cables I will end up going with taller bars just because I like them and slime doesn't.

wet sanded and buffed last night. Going to hold the final pics back until reassembly. Hope to get a few hours in on it tonight. Still have some mechanical projects to finish. I bought some new bars that advertised stock cables and I have been lied to! Don't have time to dick around with that stuff so the stock bars are going back on. When am ready to do cables I will end up going with taller bars just because I like them and slime doesn't.

Don't so much mind em on bikes without fairings....just don't get the thousand dollar wind deflecting fairing with bars that totally defeat the aeros of the bike. Shit I gots apes on my TroubleHead®™ course with my fat ass on it it's got the aerodynamics of a woodshead anyway.

Just yankin yer chain.

I do really want to lower it too though. I may do that first. I know it is a different animal, but it feels soooo top heavy at parking lot speeds compared to my chops.

Just yankin yer chain.

I do really want to lower it too though. I may do that first. I know it is a different animal, but it feels soooo top heavy at parking lot speeds compared to my chops.

How often do ya drag stuff now? I know when I borrowed my buddy's RK I spent all day banging the floorboards off the pavement. I can't imagine cornering clearance is improved when ya lower the bike.

What are you running for tyres? I know my RS Warrior feels a bunch better with Metzlers on it. I run em at max pressure and can definitely feel the difference at parking lot speeds. Takes some of the sluggishness out of how it turns. Makes a huge difference in highspeed handling too.

I'm not dragging anything right now. i have some petty good twistys, not tail of the dragon twistys, but still decent curves on the way to work. I tend to throw it into the corners pretty hard and haven't had an issue. I'm running Metzler 880s on it now. Most of my parking lot issues are with me personally. I don't have the same feel and dexterity in my left foot. photo_zps79855dcf.jpg

I'm not dragging anything right now. i have some petty good twistys, not tail of the dragon twistys, but still decent curves on the way to work. I tend to throw it into the corners pretty hard and haven't had an issue. I'm running Metzler 880s on it now. Most of my parking lot issues are with me personally. I don't have the same feel and dexterity in my left foot. photo_zps79855dcf.jpg

Crybaby!!!

"It's just a flesh wound!!"

Actually....I had forgotten about that.

I forget about it sometimes too. usually at 3 am when i've had too much to drink and have to take a leak. :brickwall: I try to keep sharp objects away from my side of the bed.

I forget about it sometimes too. usually at 3 am when i've had too much to drink and have to take a leak. :brickwall: I try to keep sharp objects away from my side of the bed.

had a buddy with one and that cat was a house painter. dude could do ladders like squirrel . He always joked if he drank he'd walk in circles.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Spent the last few evenings with the missus. Got back to work tonight reassembling the bars and controls. Added my yuppie power outlet.

Today marks the one week anniversary of my target date for finishing. I am officially a failure. Anyhow, I assembled the trim and hung the tins yesterday. Wiring and some electrical troubleshooting today. I also have to install a new basemap on the ecm. Waiting for the exhaust system. I should have it tomorrow. Hang it tomorrow night and start heat cycling the engine. I should be riding it by wed. I'm waiting to get it out in the sun for more pics.

The. Exhaust found its way to my house today so I proceeded to hang it from the bike. post-11378-137454178286_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454180156_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454182415_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454184803_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454187044_thumb.jpg

The. Exhaust found its way to my house today so I proceeded to hang it from the bike. post-11378-137454178286_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454180156_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454182415_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454184803_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137454187044_thumb.jpg

SEXY!!!!!

Thank you sir. After the exhaust, I finished the wiring, buttoned up the bars, re mounted my highway pegs, and fixed the heel shifter. When I started riding the bike I found that my heel was missing the shift lever. Most of the time I was catching the arm itself about 2" in front of the peg. So I cut the lever off, drilled it and installed a Krapyaken peg. 2 years of stomping on it and it came apart. Couple that with the fact that I still missed too many up shifts by missing the damn peg. My solution is to weld a 2 1/2 x 3" plate to the shortened shifter arm. I'm hoping it gives me a big enough of a target. It was too hot still for paint or for gluing my runner pad on the top, but here it is unfinished.

post-11378-137455477693_thumb.jpg

No work on the bike tomorrow. I'm too I have a prior commitment. Should fire up we'd night to heat cycle. All that is left is to install the map for the fuel injection.

Finished heat cycles. Set up the stepper motor. Reassembled everything Raining like hell so I kept it in the garage

post-11378-137480640334_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480642168_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480643987_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480645919_thumb.jpg

post-11378-13748064773_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480651338_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480653119_thumb.jpg

post-11378-137480655194_thumb.jpg

post-11378-13748066707_thumb.jpg

Oooooooooooo purty!!!

I really like the dark fender on front. It's so easy to over do flames. Can't wait to see it out in the sunshine! !

that's some killin' paintjob ...

really love it and also wanna see some pics out in the open

you got skills pal