• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Crazy Cats

2002 Road King

137 posts in this topic

thank you gentlemen, I still have to get some good sunshine pics. It is running great so far. Did the first oil change yesterday. Trying to get some miles in now and let the closed loop do it's thing for tuning. I haven't let myself twist the throttle too hard yet but I can definitely feel a huge improvement. I'm not going to have a chance to get it on the dyno before the trip to Sturgis. Just not enough time. More to come.

Set up the stepper motor.

Stepper Motor?...I am not finding anything in the earlier posts to tell me what this is about?...maybe I missed something?...

and by the way...KILLER PAINT!!!!...I am not really a fan of baggers, but I do like a nicely done RG....

Set up the stepper motor.

Stepper Motor?...I am not finding anything in the earlier posts to tell me what this is about?...maybe I missed something?...

and by the way...KILLER PAINT!!!!...I am not really a fan of baggers, but I do like a nicely done RG....

Thanks Laddie. It is part of the fuel injection. The stepper motor varies the amount of air that is let into the intake with the throttle closed. Kind of like setting the slide height on a carb, but it is programmed to adjust itself depending on the temperature of the engine. It aids in cold starts and helps control idle when you close the throttle at speed.

Made it back from Sturgis. I've been holding off on posting because I am trying to get pics organized. Tired of waiting though so pice to follow. The bike ran well. I had to merge the adaptive fuel maps a couple of times. Speedo went out on me. It was intermittent at first but eventually crapped with about 500 miles to to get home. I think it is the speed sensor. Have not had time to look into it. I rode straight through coming home. Pulled in the garage about quarter to midnight last sat and finally closed the saddlebag lids today. Been a crazy week. Pics to come as well as a stint on the dyno to see what I actually came up with.

Still haven't had time to hit the dyno. I have decided though that I hate the paint.

I looked at this thread today and saw that I never followed up with the finish pictures.

I haven't mangled to hit the dyno yet either. The bike may be on its way to being sacrificed on the product development altar. I'll be sure to get some baseline runs before the engine gets torn down again.

Here is how it looks in the sun

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not quite what I was shooting for but a nice flat torque curvePosted Image

This was 95" with 551 cams. Being torn down now for some testing and calibrations.

Next configuration will be 98" with 510 cams

Next set up complete, tuned and tested. Pretty happy with the results. This a 98" kit, 510 cams, 2-1 exhaust, tuned runner air cleaner. Red is the new setup.utabymer.jpg

It's torn down again for CNC ported heads, 52mm throttle body. And another set of cams

Edited by Crazy Cats

Purty cool. I think new cams are in order for my 103", after I sort the suspension. Nothing wild, just want to pep it up a little.

Purty cool. I think new cams are in order for my 103", after I sort the suspension. Nothing wild, just want to pep it up a little.

Let me know when you are ready, we have a couple of new grinds out that are designed specifically for the 103.

Well it has reached it's next performance plateau. This is the configuration it will stay in for at least the next year. Going to do some mileage accumulation on the big bore kit. This is 98" 585 cams, CNC ported heads, 52mm throttlebody. Using our tuned runner intake and 2-1 exhaust.

post-11378-0-79965900-1400514015_thumb.j

I haven't ridden it alot yet, but I am pretty tickled by the little time that I have spent on it.

Edited by Crazy Cats

Back at it again. Haven't posted here because I didn't do anything but ride it last summer. I performed flawlessly and was a joy to ride all year. HOWEVER, time for something new. Once again it is coming into the shop tomorrow to be sacrificed on the altar of product development. This one is going to be a treat. I can't give away the details, but I am looking forward to a fun summer of riding. While things are apart I do plan on doing some other upgrades. Nothing earth shattering but clutch and transmission changes are coming. The stock clutch is already working beyond it's limit and I have managed to cook it pretty good. We make a pretty stout clutch for this applications, so that's what I'm going with. I am not changing the whole gearset in the trans. since I'm pretty happy with the gearing, but I need to improve the shifting. Due to my leg I have a tendency to stomp pretty hard on up shifts so it's getting a set of billet shift forks coupled with a Baker N-1 shift drum. I'm going to go ahead and use the one with their ignition kill set up for clutchless upshifting while I am at it. Since it will all be apart, a high torque bearing will be going in as well. More on the engine later...

Back at it again. Haven't posted here because I didn't do anything but ride it last summer. I performed flawlessly and was a joy to ride all year. HOWEVER, time for something new. Once again it is coming into the shop tomorrow to be sacrificed on the altar of product development. This one is going to be a treat. I can't give away the details, but I am looking forward to a fun summer of riding. While things are apart I do plan on doing some other upgrades. Nothing earth shattering but clutch and transmission changes are coming. The stock clutch is already working beyond it's limit and I have managed to cook it pretty good. We make a pretty stout clutch for this applications, so that's what I'm going with. I am not changing the whole gearset in the trans. since I'm pretty happy with the gearing, but I need to improve the shifting. Due to my leg I have a tendency to stomp pretty hard on up shifts so it's getting a set of billet shift forks coupled with a Baker N-1 shift drum. I'm going to go ahead and use the one with their ignition kill set up for clutchless upshifting while I am at it. Since it will all be apart, a high torque bearing will be going in as well. More on the engine later...

Rotary baffle? :thumbup1:

Nope. Not yet. Doing it the old fashioned way.

Just remember, "The only replacement for displacement is forced induction." :ninja: :ninja:

Well, the engine was out for a couple of months while some new parts were designed. The old engine is back in it and I am riding it again. Waiting on some new castings and machine work. Good stuff will be happening next month and a half...

:thumbup1:

Bwooooooopppp--ch--chh---chhhhaaaaa...........

Gnarley ass rotory baffle exhaust noise. :thumbup1:

just a quick update... All of the pieces and parts are finished, built the new engine this morning. Installation this afternoon and tomorrow. It should be on the dyno for tuning tomorrow afternoon....

nice build. really like how you left the front fender black. Asfor the engine goodies, I'm rediculously jealous.....

Thank you.

Well the most of the new goodies are in place dyno tomorrow

Thank you.

Well the most of the new goodies are in place dyno tomorrow

Video......or it didn't happen!! :harhar:

I have pictures but can't seem to upload them

Not quite done, some wiring, heat shields, etc. Before end of day today.

photo_zpscwiyqdma.jpg