• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sody

Well, it's a start...

33 posts in this topic

OK, the guy is bound and determined this has to have suspension in the back. That just made this a lot more difficult. Anybody have any suggestions for rear ends? I'd planned on just using a narrowed S10 hardtail, but I guess that's not going to fly. Needs to be cheap. I'd also like it fairly narrow. Say no more than 42" between axle plates. I'm lost here now, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

IRS out of a Subaru, should ne cheap enough to acquire. Might be a bit wider than 42" but way skinnier than a truck rear.

OK, the guy is bound and determined this has to have suspension in the back. That just made this a lot more difficult. Anybody have any suggestions for rear ends? I'd planned on just using a narrowed S10 hardtail, but I guess that's not going to fly. Needs to be cheap. I'd also like it fairly narrow. Say no more than 42" between axle plates. I'm lost here now, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

IRS out of a Subaru, should ne cheap enough to acquire. Might be a bit wider than 42" but way skinnier than a truck rear.

Wouldn't be a big deal to shorten the axles and move the a-frames where you want.on the Subaru suspension. Definitely gonna need to lighten up the springs..

Dusty

Was thinking ditch the stock coils and run bike shocks in place of the original shocks. The R-180 rears are tough as a bag of hammers, they're what the early Zcars ran for rear riffs.

Well, here's where I ended up after the BBO last spring....

post-13725-0-53487200-1419372539_thumb.j

And now I got a kick in the ass motivation-wise this afternoon!! My buddy Porky shows up with the monster ass tank and says to throw it on the trike an see how it looks.

OH HELL YEAH!!! Gonna take a little tweaking, but I think we have a winner! Had it hangin on his wall for the last 20yrs. Appears to have originally been a pair of fat bob tanks. It's put together well. And the best part is it only set me back a $20 bill!

MOTORVATION IN FULL TILT BOOGIE AGAIN!!

post-13725-0-65083500-1419372782_thumb.j

post-13725-0-85026600-1419372784_thumb.j

post-13725-0-99045200-1419372787_thumb.j

post-13725-0-01310000-1419372790_thumb.j

Ran across this and figured I'd update.  Won't be getting a chance to finish this one.  Owner decided he didn't want to pay any more than the $2k he had invested already (that included $1k for the donor bike) so he came and got it and is now in the process of tyring to sell it and recoup his costs.  Good luck with that one.

Case closed.  Onward and upward!

bummer.., I'm not big on trikes but the ones you fellers build on here are pretty sweet.

Welp, to hell with that guy! It's just steel, loonynum, and copper.