• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Markantenna

Engine stand

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys I got a welder for Christmas and decided to give myself a project to practice on the welder is a 3 in one unit so I'm going to try to use all three functions in my project.

I'm going to build an engine stand that I can bolt the engine to and rotate it as I work,I have all my materials together which was scrap I collected at work will get some pics of the parts and start building. Feel free to chime in along the way and any advice would be much appreciated

Will post some pics when I figure how to get them off my phone no plans just some pics I found of a stand on eBay so I am stealing someone's idea but isn't that what we do here I got all my materials ready all scrap from work . Went to start on it the other day and seems I got jipped my welder don't work and the bumhole I bought it off is no where to be found so I will be using the trusty stick welder just have to find time to pick it up from my old man

What kind of welder?

Busticated!! :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

The welder is a rossi 220 three in one mig/tig/mama I had it looked at by a local place and was told the main board had shit itself and wasn't worth fixing trawled the web for about an hour trying to get a line on a new board with no success

mma not a mama auto correct sucks balls anyhoo if I could get in contact with the douche I got it off I could make him wear it like a hat and get my money back but I don't think that will happen my own fault I got him to power it up but didn't actually weld anything I used it for the first time a few months later all powers up wire feeds through but no sparks and fusing of metals

Sorry for that man, I have access to a welder that I've had to replace the main board. Mice get in there and pee on it and ruins it. I want my friend to get his welder and take it away....right after I replace it with another machine that can be packed away. I talked to the local welding supply shop and found they get lightly used machines from the NASCAR Teams used in a lease program to sale for cheap-er. Most of these will have only a couple of minutes of use because they are stored on the trailer to travel to races. There will still be a year of warranty on it. The Diversion 180 will be around $1200 we think. Hell, that's a thousand dollars cheaper than the special that they are currently running. don't know if they have any multi process machines on that program.

Well when something seems like too good a deal it probably will bite you in the ass lesin learned I am thinking I might shell out the bucks and buy a Lincoln tig I have always wanted to learn tig and there is a lot of guys at work who can guide me and maybe give me a few lessons plus I got the old trusty stick welder. should have gone with my gut that kept telling me if it fucked up I wouldn't have a back up

So got a lot of the fab done then realized I must be lopsided because the main upright is so not straight now gotta decide if I'm gonna leave it or chop it up and start again pics soon

I don't know what happened but the back upright came out a bit wonky but I will just live with it here are some photos I was so excitied I jumped right in and forgot to photo the bits before I welded them together.

this was my first time doing this and I have limited welding experience I have used this stick welder before but most of the stuff I have done is brazing with oxy when I used to work in refrigeration.i will get some better pics up im a crap photographer.

the first pic was the basic vframe work done with one gusset balanced in place I welded a gusset on either side and one in front ,the second pic is one of the angle pieces that will bolt to the plate in the last pic I got some drilling to do but will post picks of ti when done and with my engine attatched

post-27145-0-27768900-1398163098_thumb.j

post-27145-0-02858200-1398163195_thumb.j

post-27145-0-86584100-1398163284_thumb.j

Edited by Markantenna

is the stick welder you have a dc welder? if so you can put a tig tourch on it... i have an extra air cooled on i could let you have pretty cheap

Not sure it's my dad's didn't really take a good look at it thanks for the offer if you live in Australia it might be do able I live in Sydney . And I have just bought a tig waiting on it to be delivered it comes with a stick attachment it's a uni mig brand

Edited by Markantenna

My new welder arrived last night minus the tig torch contacted the supplier said it would be delivered today along with the invoice . I'm getting impatient here wanna play with the new toy better arrive today as I have tommorrow off and the kids will be at pre school and the missus will be at work.

So was kind of busy the past few months but finally got back in the shed and almost finished the stand one more gusset to weld and four tabs to bolt it to the bench then clean if and a quick spray with gal paint will post some more pics soon and hopefully some with my engine mounted to it

Edited by Markantenna

Lets see us some pictures please.

Finished up the stand will upload some pics soon works well enough already stripped my engine

so here is some pics of the stand in action hope you guys dig it I do its the first thing I have fabbed and I look forward to fabbing more stuff

post-27145-0-89894200-1411131021_thumb.j

post-27145-0-32489900-1411131063_thumb.j

post-27145-0-53632300-1411131109_thumb.j

post-27145-0-29262600-1411131429_thumb.j

post-27145-0-72930100-1411131548_thumb.j