• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Markantenna

Help

11 posts in this topic

I bought a rossi 3 in 1 unit befor Christmas off egay set it up today to run gasless wire so swapped the polarity to negative for wire and positive earth get nothing it's like there is no power going to the gun not a single spark. Any advice I'm about ready to smash it with a sledge hammer.

Oh should have mentioned it's the first time it has been out of the box hope I didn't buy a dud

Yep I get wire feed and the unit powers up but no arc at the wire tip I will check the earth cable has continuity and see if there are any fuses in the unit that might be blown but don't know how to check I'm getting power up to the gun itself

Yep I get wire feed and the unit powers up but no arc at the wire tip I will check the earth cable has continuity and see if there are any fuses in the unit that might be blown but don't know how to check I'm getting power up to the gun itself

Pull the trigger an stick yer tongue on it! :harhar::harhar::harhar:

Edited by slime

Get the cover off and look to see if the connections to the transformer and contactor are tight.....Check to see if contactor is working when you pull the trigger and that the points are clean (no varnish or insects) ...make sure the heavy copper lead going to the gun is connected properly at the welder end as well as the gun end.. Check for good connection on the ground cable...Good Luck.....Red

Also check the instructions (we don't need no stinkin' instructions) They might have a troubleshooting section or a customer service number

you can call if not call anyway and ask for the engineering dept.

Yep the instructions are in very bad ingrish took it to a local weld supply that does repairs apparently the main board is cooked and in there opinion not worth to repair so I tried the intraweb trying to track down a board but no joy so I got a very expensive and large paper weight so I will do the unthinkable and actually fork out a decent amount of hard earned and buy a Lincoln tig my old man said I can have his stick welder so I can fore go a mig and on the plus side I always wanted to learn how to tig

"Also check the instructions"

Heresy!!

I will have to post a few paragraphs from the instruction manual so we can have a good laugh