• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KE 7

Iron 883 Hack

16 posts in this topic

First, I know....I've heard that I am retarded for chopping a newer bike, "it looked better before", and "you'll never get it done". Don't care. It is a sportster, I didn't chop some one-off 500k dollar bike apart in a garage. I modified a Sportster to my liking because in my opinion, everyone should modify anything they own to make it their own.

Stock: (Google Photo) for anyone who doesn't know what they look like stock.....

post-8862-0-35948100-1395543586_thumb.jp

First round of modifications: Homemade tanklift, V&H Pipes, SE Intake, Drag Bars, Homemade buckshot belt guard, Lowered headlight, Cut fender struts and fender, Shortened turn signals, couple of other things I am forgetting. I rode it like this for awhile, but soon got bored and decided to do more. (New computer, don't really have any pictures of it without that douche-bag on it.)

post-8862-0-87755300-1395543781_thumb.jp

As it sits now. Ledsled Hardtail, 2 inch stretch. Ledsled seatpan, Bungking oil tank kit (not done), TC Bros Air-shock seat, Speedo-relocate, and old Sporty tank that my wife bought me when we were still dating. Mounting of all the above listed is done, some final welding will hold off until I tear it down again. Have to make a battery box still, rear fender mount, and start hiding wires & the damn ECM.

post-8862-0-41073800-1395544420_thumb.jp

Working on getting this peep sight (on both sides) of the oil tank. Still some slight engineering to do on it, but this is how the end caps will look.

post-8862-0-04361700-1395544445_thumb.jp

Headlight mount I made. I will be using the stock headlight for now, and haven't decided if it will still be hanging like a stock-sporty, or opposite.

post-8862-0-18174900-1395544539_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking, I'll update as I get more done.

Nicely done, sir. Looking forward to seeing the progress to the end.

Holllllyy shnikies, ya dove right into the hardtail didnt ya. For a usual chopper, that thing will have some ass.Considering alot of us are xs 650 or gs550 guys like myself. I like it !

Btw, whats under the seat? Some sort of shock absorber ?

Thanks FC. I love the jap bikes just as much....I'm don't have any Harley Tattoos or wear harley underwear, socks, boots, jacket, gloves, sunglasses, condoms, wallet, hat, and shirt everytime I leave the house. (do have a couple of shirts though haha). Under the seat is this from TCBros. If you are going Hardtail or Struts, I've heard great stuff about them. Haven't hooked it all the way up yet, so I can't tell you what my ass says.

r2t6h3.jpg

That is bad ass !

Dammit. I shoulda went hardtail...

r2t6h3.jpg

That is bad ass !

Dammit. I shoulda went hardtail...

Haha, Thanks.

No updates yet, should be ordering Rear Fender, Battery, & a few other goodies this weekend, so I will have some fun fab work to do!

Okay, I need opinions. . . . . . .

I've got my preference, but what do you guys think? Stock tank or King tank?

Also, First picture is with a Ledsled seat pan I plan to do custom leather on, below is with Biltwell Seat. Which one?

Stock is pictured below, and king tank pictured in original post. Thanks.

post-8862-0-78096400-1395969989_thumb.jp

Edited by KE 7

Stock tank looks good to me . But I do like the sight tube on the king

Edited by Leonjp

Stock. Definitely.

Ok, so I know there are some who liked the stock tank, but I'm hell-bent on using the King Tank (mostly because it was a gift from my wife when we were still dating). Only update I have is, I made all mounts for the tank, and also received my adapter to make the tank EFI Compatible. Pics are off the process.

This is the adapter plate I received. Made by Panic Cycles.

post-8862-0-56212600-1396321229_thumb.jp

The opening I made in the bottom of the tank...

post-8862-0-94572400-1396321294_thumb.jp

The adapter tacked in place...

post-8862-0-49327600-1396321316_thumb.jp

and the finished product....

post-8862-0-69763600-1396321325_thumb.jp

More to come this weekend hopefully. On a double outage at the Powerplant(S), but this weekend hopefully I will have the rear fender on and mounted!

Ordered a LedSled Rear Fender made to my specs, Hardtail bag (to hide wiring in), my axles spacers, bearing adapters, and 4.5" riders tonight. UPDATES NEXT WEEK HOPEFULLY!

So where's the update?

Yea, I been holding my breath for over 2 years!

:HAHA:

So where's the update?

Yea, I been holding my breath for over 2 years!