• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Fund Raiser   10/02/2017

ok sooooooooooooo here's the deal I am hoping to have a new hosting site by the end Nov middle of Dec That being said I have had only 2 peeps offering to help support the site So I think those who want to help should hold on to your cash till then. I do not want to take any money and then the site close (cause that would not be right) Many be can find some extra before then so no one has to pitch in. That's it for now Thanks WhiteWolf  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CONN.ROD

my bonnie 650

31 posts in this topic

picked it up for 1650,harmon front end,box of parts to make it 80% complete.I do not know alot about these bikes so I will be asking a lot of questions along the way.post-4430-0-60555800-1397232835_thumb.jppost-4430-0-67139800-1397232843_thumb.jp

Wait...what? Harmon spirder? $1650? Dude!

:You_Suck:

Harmon Sprider, I'd rate the suckage thusly!

:You_Suck::You_Suck::You_Suck::You_Suck:

Dusty

the questions I will need answered are,where do I run the wiring,there is no wire harness and I am not sure how to do it

you hit SOLID FRIGGIN GOLD. oh yea, ENGLISH IRON ROCKS!!!

ok,update on triumph,I have located and bought the following
pushrods

carb(amal),choke and throttle cables and throttle with choke lever

2 into 1 intake

exhaust pipes

complete clutch kit,clutch,new steel plates,pushrod,drum/hub,gears and primary chain

I think total for parts so far is 283.00

Looksgood....what are you doing for ignition...? I have a very similar bike with stock Lucas points and coils and a Mity Max box.....The wiring is simple ..two toggle switches..... one grounds the ignition the other turns on the light....The stock points work OK but require (very ) periodic maintenance....I want to convert to a solid state ignition and a battery at some point.....I have it running now and it gets riden some.....I like hearing the 650 idle.... these are fun bike...Good luck and keep us posted....

post-13578-0-85009400-1399735824_thumb.j

post-13578-0-71246100-1399735902_thumb.j

post-13578-0-47689200-1399736055_thumb.j

post-13578-0-34594100-1399736212_thumb.j

post-13578-0-48343100-1399736496_thumb.j

Looksgood....what are you doing for ignition...? I have a very similar bike with stock Lucas points and coils and a Mity Max box.....The wiring is simple ..two toggle switches..... one grounds the ignition the other turns on the light....The stock points work OK but require (very ) periodic maintenance....I want to convert to a solid state ignition and a battery at some point.....I have it running now and it gets riden some.....I like hearing the 650 idle.... these are fun bike...Good luck and keep us posted....

you have a nice bike there,I am hoping to get some paint and paint mine soon.Not sure if i am going with flake or black w/true flames

Edited by CONN.ROD

ok,the nice weather is gone,kids baseball and softball done for the year(thank god)now I have some free time,I stripped the triumph down to a pile o'parts.I bought some black pearl 2 stage for the sheet metal,my question is,should I do the frame in regular black or the same as the tins?I personally think the frame being a different color allows it to stand out but everyone has different opinions.Still have to get the spirder rechromed(not looking forward to that expense)and I am thinking of ceramic coating for the exhaust

post-4430-0-42260500-1415714329_thumb.jp

Edited by CONN.ROD

Have you considered powder coating the forks instead of re-chroming? If you sand blast the chrome till it's frosty looking powder works real gooder and if you use a two coat powder it covers a multitude of sins and makes unreal colors. And bester of all it's way cheaper. Some ideas here.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/?page=2&color=bronze

Dusty

I would set the frame off in a different color. Plus I think alot of paint is lost in over spray and would want to use the pricey stuff on that. Digging the hell out of the bike too!

I would set the frame off in a different color. Plus I think alot of paint is lost in over spray and would want to use the pricey stuff on that. Digging the hell out of the bike too!

:agreed::thumbsup:

ok,got some unity spotlights off fleabay,20 bux for 2 shipped,they are bigger lights and fortunately for me,one of my extra sporty headlights fit right in.I just need to buff them at work to finish up cleaning them,they were green when I got them,hit them with brillo and big difference.

post-4430-0-76666100-1416757370_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-66104300-1416757386_thumb.jp

ok,here are the engine stand pics,while building and after paint.I made this stand from an old load bar a driver bent,some scrap flat stock for the engine mounts and piece of an old bedframe for the legs

post-4430-0-09968000-1419805479_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-26023200-1419805492_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-31076600-1419805516_thumb.jp

Edited by CONN.ROD

Great looking project you have there!

Any progress? If not too late (I been gone awhile) re colors, what do you want to stand out more? Tins or frame? IMO having looked at Dusty Dave's link to Prismatic Powders I'd personally hit the frame with the combo pic shown as shocker yellow over super chrome. The resulting green would match up great with the pearl black for the tins. Add some cool similar green pin striping to the tins to tie er all together. Hey and add a tall sissy bar! All choppers need way-tall sissy bars!

Edited by allois

yup,making a tall bar,just got the last of the pullers I need to pull the bottom end apart,my lack of funds and low ambition in frigid weather make it hard to want to do anything.I try not to do any mechanical stuff in the house itself as it is my girls house and I do not want to destroy it.When spring arrives i will be painting the frame and getting the exhaust ceramic coated.I am still unsure of the lights so far,I do not know if I want stacked headlights or a single light up front.I have just aquired a boyer ignition and a volt regulator so I can go battery less

on the lights a h5006 bulb fits right in so you have hi n lo beam . if you need new spring clips i got mine off amazon for cheap.

ok,I have been away a bit,bought some parts and a buffer,buffed out some engine covers and got the motor apart.I am making progress but lack of funds is keeping me down,that and the water main breaking going into the house and having to fix that too.

post-4430-0-68316400-1433348019_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-32233700-1433348036_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-84898500-1433348082_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-00516400-1433348104_thumb.jp

the motor came apart fairly easy,only had one broken gear so I guess that isn't too bad.The idler gear was broken and 4 teeth missing.I bought a replacement set,so that is covered.I am hoping to get the sludge tube opened this weekend and check it,I took the center bolt out from the crank throw,the one that keeps the tube from spinning,I looked down with a light,not plugged up too bad from the little I can see

post-4430-0-54031600-1433348622_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-56183500-1433348642_thumb.jp

post-4430-0-95912300-1433348661_thumb.jp

Lines look very good .

That's the shit there.

Working on it slowly,time and money are rare these days.i took out and cleaned sludge tube and crank.started reassemby,intake cam wheel was kicking my ass,but it is together on timing side,now I have to put pistons and jugs,then dial it in with can wheel

what year is the motor . you have a 68 and up outer trany cover, if the cases are the same vintage, you can time it with a timing tool that goes in a port back case under carb. drops in a cut in the crank gives you tdc. there is 2 thread pich tools get the one that has both on it you just flip it over/ . hope you like attention because that thing will draw people in.

what year is the motor . you have a 68 and up outer trany cover, if the cases are the same vintage, you can time it with a timing tool that goes in a port back case under carb. drops in a cut in the crank gives you tdc. there is 2 thread pich tools get the one that has both on it you just flip it over/ . hope you like attention because that thing will draw people in.

there are 2 cuts in the crank tdc and I think 12' btdc