Markantenna

frankenbike

408 posts in this topic

Well been quiet here for the last 3 months the summer heat has kept me out of the shed just too damn hot. I scrapped all my attempts at seats so far i went out and bought a shit ton of 5mm round bar and have started fabbing up the frame work for a proper fitted rear tail section that i will make a seat pad for will post some pics soon as this heat wave is over.

I know whatcha mean bout heatwave, it got up to 60 degreese F here!

Can't wait till my shifts at work change and now the summer is winding down might just get some time in the shed and get this tail section and seat done.

Got about 45 minutes shed time in this afternoon made a little jig to bend some rod into shape for my tail section.will post some progress pics soon.

Made more progress thanks to the little vice mounted roll bender i got before xmas bent up all the rod i need to get the tail section done. Need to tack it all in place and start tinning it up.

Marked out some ply board and taped my steel in place time to tack it up i taped it to the board to make it easy to weld on my bench.will post some pics when its done.

20170305_133558.jpg

Tacked in place gonna reposition the tail end too steep an angle at the moment will redo and start sheeting it.pics to follow

20170305_174351.jpg

Some card templates in place to help visualize.not sure if i am going to keep the rear round or not.

20170306_171915.jpg

20170306_171856.jpg

Posted (edited)

Been ultra busy build almost at a stand still but got a little more done on my rear section frame work almost ready to tin it up.

20170402_143212.jpg

Edited by Markantenna

This build has been a long journey so far at times it has been frustrating but mostly its been fun i am making slow progress on my rear section but progress all the same i have learnt alot over the last 3 years.my fab skills are not so great but they are getting better i will post some pics when i get closer to completeing my rear tail section.

No body ever said it was easy........or maybe somebody did.....

Finally got some time to work on my tail section/seat.my sheet metal skills are not great so opted for a different approach. I Think it will fit the build.

20170430_165147.jpg

I have to relocate my battery or completely eliminate it.i did have it running with a capacitor when i first got it as i was too cheap to buy a battery and i had a 50k capacitor.

Started making some mounts for my battery box going well should be done soonish.bloody work always getting in the way of shed time i need to win the lottery so i can stay home and build.

I tried that lottery plan but never won anything cause I'm too cheap to buy a ticket in da first place

Deciced i definitely cannot use my standard battery will have to start lookinh into much smaller ones.did get a bit more work done on my tail section.

I know shits gonna turn out a little wonky but im learning on this bike and to disguise that a little is why i went with the apocalypse style bike.sort of mad maxish.

20170518_140357.jpg

Used some thin foam to mock up tail section so i can see how it will turn out.

20170612_122943.jpg

Slowly making progress on the tail section my fab skills are pretty poor but i am improving.not sure if this is a waste of time and will end up in the bin.i have no way of forming sheet  for the dome section on the rear so i am planning on chopping up an old wok for the tail section pieces.

Chop a wok! That's a first for TCU!

Might have to name it stir fry.puts a new spin on the term rice burner.

Just got back from sunny tropical bali got another week off before i go back to work hopefully get some work done on the cycle.