• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Markantenna

frankenbike

411 posts in this topic

Sucessfully got my tyre off the rim . Ordered a set of stainless spokes. Prepping the hub for paint

Edited by Markantenna

Gonna try my hand at making some wheel cover kind of like this

post-27145-0-01318400-1426930346_thumb.j

This is the end piece of the frame that I chopped off to clean the end up I figured if I open it up and weld in a wedge I can weld it back on minus the 5 inches or so that I cut if that makes sense. As the pressed section of the frame tapers I have to expand my end for it to match up.

post-27145-0-39765200-1427364936_thumb.j

post-27145-0-11868400-1427364964_thumb.j

I think I would've stopped short of cutting into the whole. The metal would have moved, I think, easy enough.

Sorry Im moving real slow on this due to lack of shed time damn rotating roster at work. Most spare time is spent doing stuff with the kids I'm kind of limited to when I start in the arvo or have a day off when the kids are at preschool and the wife is at work . So not often enough.i did decide against polishing my engine side covers so they have been rattle canned satin black will post some pics soon.

Hey man, no rush. These things are meant to be enjoyed :)

Got a half hour in the shed today and tacked the end sections back on the frame blew a few holes in as I'm still getting use to tig but im confident I can patch them up and file or grind to shape sorry no pics at least with the ends back on I can mount my fender and start fabbing up a seat

Scored two sets of brand new hagon shocks 330mm eye to clevis at saint vinnies for $120 score

post-27145-0-43845000-1428404905_thumb.j

Some pics of the freshly painted covers on I like how it looks

Progress report

Tacked the frame ends in place will need to patch up and clean up but I think it's gonna work.being my fist real build I'm starting to see my inexperience but this is a learning experience and by that I'm referring to the fact that I have shortened the ass end and being it tapers in my fender is about an inch too narrow so now I got to decide to either cut and widen my fender or look for a suitable one. If that makes any sense. Not the most eloquent post but you get the jist

post-27145-0-02499000-1428894228_thumb.j

post-27145-0-91884200-1428894242_thumb.j

Edited by Markantenna

Love getting packages found this on my porch today. Universal clevis mounts.

post-27145-0-31455100-1429077696_thumb.j

post-27145-0-66036200-1429077751_thumb.j

Edited by Markantenna

Those are pretty sweet!

Any possibility of some wider angle shots of the frame mods?

Yeah will grab some shots all I really done so far is cut the ass end off and for some reason all my phone shots upload sideways­čś│

I need to put the swingarm and wheel back on and wheel it outside the shed is a bit tight to get a good shot but that's gonna have to wait until I relace the rear wheel waiting on bearing/seal kit and new set of spokes

Edited by Markantenna

Moved my tank mounts back cut the round bar to size and need to weld up pics are during mock up got to cut some plate and reposition the rear tank mount then I can finally strip and paint .

I finally feel like I'm making real progress i feel like I got into a bit of a bit of a routine.

post-27145-0-16607300-1429406881_thumb.j

post-27145-0-33457900-1429406900_thumb.j

Cut some plate and repositioned my rear tank mount and made a cardboard template for a seat base. Will knock the base out at work in a couple of days.got to decide on leather or vinyl my first attempt at making a seat.

Cut some plate and repositioned my rear tank mount and made a cardboard template for a seat base. Will knock the base out at work in a couple of days.got to decide on leather or vinyl my first attempt at making a seat.

I'm going to cut the old side cover mounts off on the weekend and tack the new ones on then I can break it down and finish welding then blast and paint and the frames done.starting to feel like I got some momentum.

Got a start on the seat pan but only got it marked out due to a power outage in the workshop the weather has been full on the past couple of weeks lots of flash flooding and hail.i will throw in a pic of one of the streets after it hailed it looked like it's been snowing and we don't get any snow in sydney

post-27145-0-13318800-1430442255_thumb.j

post-27145-0-39343000-1430442284_thumb.j

post-27145-0-48226200-1430442360_thumb.j

Damn