• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Dusty_Dave

A Bonneville Indian

107 posts in this topic

No way I'm gonna make it this year, shooting for next summer.

Dusty

Sweet! Didn't I read this is to be a blower motor? How will that work and what does the blower unit look like? Pardon my ignorance.... I know how an automotive setup works, just curious how you'll drive it. Belt? Gear driven?

Sumptin similar to a turbo but driven by a chain from the crank and belts the rest of the way somewhere around1 to 9 speed increase. It will be draw through and right now I'm planing to inject the nitrous and methanol right into the blower intake.

Dusty

Okay, I think I see what Ya mean. Should make for a frisky ride.

After I got the free carb from S&S I was feeling high as a kite so I wrote a begging for parts letter to Todd at Jerry Greer's Indian Engineering. Low and behold Shauna sent me one of their excellent clutch kits.

Dusty

2015-02-06_21.00.26.jpg

Edited by Dusty_Dave
Photobucks!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, S&S and Todd at Jerry Greers Indian Engineering, and any future sponsors!! This thang is gonna roll!

Thanks, S&S and Todd at Jerry Greers Indian Engineering, and any future sponsors! This thang is gonna roll!

Since you were the first sponsor you for sure get "Sanchez VW and Motorcycle Repair" on it, but since I know you and you kept my roundtuit it's gonna be on the very back or maybe the bottom!

Dusty

Do we gots any structural engineer types here? I need to know what type of loonynum to buy to machine the heads from. I'm thinking 6061 because of the cost but if there is a real reason to spend more it has to happen.

Dusty

You might try shooting BlackJack a PM. I don't know that he'll get it, but he's about the closest thing he had to a structural engineer type.

You might try shooting BlackJack a PM. I don't know that he'll get it, but he's about the closest thing he had to a structural engineer type.

I spoke to an aircraft engineer and he seemed to think that 6061 would do. But I will give Blackjack a hollar.

Does anyone have some good useable Ironhead Sporty wrist pins they would like to donate? I will eventually need 4 but need two fairly soon.

Dusty

Welp that didn't work I get the message that he can't recieve any messages. Suppose he isn't checking his mail anymore and the box is full.

Dusty

I bounced it around the office and the consensus is that 6061 should do the trick. 7075 for added insurance. It is stronger but a bit more brittle.

Found a pair of cases that are repairable in my junk so the backup engine will be a 1936.

Dusty

The concisus seems to be that 6061 would do but 7075 would be better. I think that maybe I have a lead on some cutoffs at scrap prices from a member here. They are going to be 7X8.125X3 so not easy to find. I asked about melting wheels and was told that wasn't a suitable alloy for heads.

Dusty

I tried melting down a wheel once to cast some parts. It poured nice but was a nightmare to machine. The best word to describe it was "gummy".

Used pistons are my favorite. I drove around to some machine shops and offered to buy their used pistons at scrap price and they would just give them to me.

I tried melting down a wheel once to cast some parts. It poured nice but was a nightmare to machine. The best word to describe it was "gummy".

Used pistons are my favorite. I drove around to some machine shops and offered to buy their used pistons at scrap price and they would just give them to me.

If at all possible i plan to machine the out of a plate. Hate to start a side project of setting up to cast right now. But it did cross my mind.

Dusty

Finally got the oil pump I wanted a $12.00 steal from fleebay. No body else bid. It's from a Buel and I will narrow the feed pump so that it displaces about the same as the Iron Indian oil pump. Since the Indian pump supplies a shot of oil every 7 revolutions which is fine for normal service, but not for blown fuel WFO. At high rpms the massive shot of oil from the plunger pump can cause the rod rollers to lock up and slide briefly. This gear rotor pump will have a fairly even supply and they don't require terribly precise machine work.and has a massive return rotor.

2015-04-10_11.32.36.jpg

Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave
Photobucks!!!!!!!!!!

I need a reasonably priced source for 2" and 6" serpentine pulleys at least 2 of each. They don't need to be exactly 2" and 6" as long as they are close to 1 to 3 ratio. this should get the blower drive into the 1 to 9 ratio I plan to start with.Any info would be appreciated.

Dusty

While I'm posting here is a coupla hundred dollars worth of Fortal HR loonynum. Hopefully enough for 4 heads.

2015-07-13_20.50.59.jpg

Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave
Photobucks!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see ya back on the Bonne bike! Quit blowin' up yer other bikes & maybe ya'll make some progress, El Polvoso! As far as pulleys, would sumthan automotive work? I just happen to have a junk yard close by.......

Edited by joe amyde

I need a reasonably priced source for 2" and 6" serpentine pulleys at least 2 of each. They don't need to be exactly 2" and 6" as long as they are close to 1 to 3 ratio. this should get the blower drive into the 1 to 9 ratio I plan to start with.Any info would be appreciated.

Dusty

I would think that an alternater and crank pulley of a SBF from '86-'97 would be close to 3 to 1 ratio.

Good to see ya back on the Bonne bike! Quit blowin' up yer other bikes & maybe ya'll make some progress, El Polvoso! As far as pulleys, would sumthan automotive work? I just happen to have a junk yard close by.......

Yep auto would be fine, I'z don't care where the parts come from if they will work.

El Polvoso looks like too much typing to me Think I'll just keep signing---

Dusty

Found one from the power steering pump a Chevy pickup for the big one GM # 12605677 # on pulley 10085755 88 through 2013 is supposed to work.. If anybody has any of these laying around I could sure use them. Would prefer the spoked style but can drill the solid ones.

Dusty

Finally got a square base front cylinder only $415.00 which is quite a steal. I had the sniper set at $900.00.

The square base made it harder to blow a cylinder in half when pushing things well past the limit.

post-12692-0-94399000-1438228031_thumb.ppost-12692-0-67615300-1438228039_thumb.jpost-12692-0-66739300-1438228044_thumb.j

Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave

Well, Bonne Speedweek is canceled this year so ya got nother year, git to werk!