• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Dusty_Dave

A Bonneville Indian

107 posts in this topic

Several of the cylinders I am trying to save have the valve seats cut way too deep since there isn't really room to cut and press seats (they always break if you do) I am going to spray weld the seats back up to reasonable heights. I am thinking 840 powder which is about rockwell 40 .I have some 850 powder that is rockwell 60 or so but I am a little leary of going that hard. Any thoughts?

Dusty

So how does this spray welding work? Is it like spray painting?

So how does this spray welding work? Is it like spray painting?

Yep cept I use a torch

A poor picture of my Pyrofacer When ya press the lever it sprays powdered metal then I spend days removing the over spray.I got it to build up the pins and sockets in Cranes and Manlifts so I didn't have to take the whole thing apart and wait on a machine shop for months.

post-12692-0-81484300-1440603513.jpg

Dusty

Can that be adapted to spray bondo? Molding a frame would be a cinch!

Can that be adapted to spray bondo? Molding a frame would be a cinch!

There are a couple spray on fillers out there.

Joe

I gots some Rockwell 50 powder that will weld to steel or cast. I can spray a frame for you course you will need some diamond tools to shape and smooth it.

Dusty

Diamond tools? The ol lady offered up her wedding ring, bless her heart(that ring couldn't anything....shhh)

Got a fairly rare clutch basket today. 1934 only with all three rows of teeth all other Scout clutches don't have the center row of teeth so the mag drive gear has somewhere to go.

2015-11-12_15.20.04_zps5vpc4x4z.jpg

Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave
Photobucks!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to pick a name. Here is a list of names from the Native Language Institute that I haven't used yet. The Cherokee names could be printed in Cherokee. But I think grandma would prefer Apache.

Dabínik'eh (pronounced dah-bee-neek-eh) means "free will" or "free spirit" in Apache

In Cherokee, you could use the name Gajinula (pronounced gah-jee-noo-lah) which means "swift." (It's also spelled Gatsinula in English.)

Unole (pronounced oo-noh-lay) is the Cherokee word for "wind."

Adanvdo (pronounced ah-dah-nuh-doh) means "spirit" in Cherokee, and would make a good motorcycle name. It's often spelled Adanado or Adanudo in English.

Dohasah (pronounced doe-hah-sah), which means 'swift' in Western Apache.

Daian (pronounced die-ahn) means 'first' in Western Apache. Perhaps that could bring you luck in the race. (The actual word for "victory" is longer than you were looking for, "dagonołdeeł.")

Idinii (pronounced ee-dee-nee) is Western Apache for "thunder.

Denzhone (pronounced den-zhoh-neh) is a Western Apache word for "beautiful." The "zh" in it is pronounced like the "ge" at the end of "garage."

I'm open to other suggestions just had these left over.

Dusty

The Native fathers around here name their kids after the first thing they see when they climb out of the kiva after the baby is born. Anyway that's what my friend 'Two dogs fucking' told me.

The Native fathers around here name their kids after the first thing they see when they climb out of the kiva after the baby is born. Anyway that's what my friend 'Two dogs fucking' told me.

My father always called me "Broken Rubber."

Booth of those are out!

Dusty

Until you get it running you should name it 'El Sueno', The Dream

Welp the wife has been in the hospital since the last week of January n I been with her the whole time. So the only progress on the racer is a few parts won on fleebay n lots of internet research. While playing with frame designs I found this chrome molly info n thought somebody else might be interested. http://www.westcoastpiet.com/images/...20pt%20III.pdf

Dusty

Cuz there are so many around that need rebuilt n I got this one for free, I decided to turn the Garrett variable vane turbo from a Ford 6.0 Diesel into a belt driven centrifugal supercharger. 
I decided to cut the exhaust turbine down into a serpentine pulley instead of making a new shaft and pulley from scratch. Hardest stuff I've ever seen! I turned the vanes off with cemented carbide running about 36 rpm and still had to stop at half cut and resharpen the carbide. Once the vanes were gone I broke out the diamond grinding wheel on the tool post grinder.
I don't have enough spare oil to take care of the bushings and the engine so it is going to get a pair of sealed ceramic bearings rated for 60,000 rpm. Almost small enough to start cutting little bitty Vs.
Probably should have junked the turbine n shaft but I can be a trifle bit hard headed once I decide what way to do something. 
Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave

That's pretty sweet! A supercharger on the cheap sounds like a worthwhile endeavor. 

Progress, or a least metal chips are being formed.

36 minutes ago, joe amyde said:

Progress, or a least metal chips are being formed.

More like dust now that I switched to the diamond wheel. But I'll make chips again soon.

Dusty

I priced the inserts to cut the serpentine grooves. I've always ground them out of tool steel which won't even touch this exhaust turbine. At $300+ I got out my diamond files and hand filed one out of carbide. Will try it out tomorrow, whisky n pills sounds better than working this late.
GEDC0001_zpsl8a6gxkz.jpg

GEDC0002_zps6zg8otwf.jpg
All the measurements of the common automotive serpentine belts.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.03_22h31m22s_001_z
Dusty

Edited by Dusty_Dave
Photobucks!!!!!!!!!!

Only broke two hand filed tools. The belt fits nice. I center drilled it to make grinding the shaft easier if the bearings ever get here. The next one I will turn the turbine smooth and shrink an loonynum tube on the make the pulley from. Should have done that this time but after I started I had to find out if I could! Also wanted one with as small a pulley as possible.  

IMG_20161010_161316_zpsux8pgtla.jpg

IMG_20161012_161706_zps1ll6cgly.jpg

IMG_20161012_162649_zpst5tg8qzz.jpg

Dusty

OBTW the wife informed me that it will be named  Dohasah (pronounced doe-hah-sah), which means 'swift' in Western Apache. Since she controls my sex life, Dohasah is a wonderful choice n I will paint it on the bike.

Dusty 

Looks good and a good choice on the name. It's always easier when the supreme leader makes the final choice. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I've been informed the dish washer is off break (me).