• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Dieselchanic

CB750 project-A ratty knobby contraption

50 posts in this topic

Does someone have a diagram showing how to wire a dohc reg/rec on a sohc?

I finished the oil tank, made an electrics box, modified a set of 4-2 pipes, and wrapped up all the other odds and ends. Got it down and took it for a test ride. I think it's gonna work.

0ebaa222aa62615d518e0fa65577c99b.jpgce5f899d0bc1c20748fee5c9554371a2.jpg0b091add0a2e4d885021eb3b5cb7c265.jpg47a60f5c8b8bdb1f9cda68880ecc7c5a.jpg6c92ac1d7470280e8444b1347ea0142b.jpg

Edited by Dieselchanic

Needs more rake.

I've been working out the kinks. Hopefully I'll get it running good here in a few days.. Got some decent pics today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm lovin this CB. I normally HATE knobby tires, but this bike looks killer with them. Great job :buttrock:

I'm lovin this CB. I normally HATE knobby tires, but this bike looks killer with them. Great job :buttrock:

+1

I shot some video today. That was a stone cold start, hadn't run today yet, and a short walk around.

I do love the sound that engine makes.

Did you figure out the regulator/rectifier yet? Rick's Motosport Electrics makes a single unit that replaces the two separate components on the older CBs. I put one on my 750 Hondamatic, and it worked perfect. Easy to hook up too.

Did you figure out the regulator/rectifier yet? Rick's Motosport Electrics makes a single unit that replaces the two separate components on the older CBs. I put one on my 750 Hondamatic, and it worked perfect. Easy to hook up too.

I sure did. I ran the dohc reg/rec and just made a harness to swap between it and the sohc wiring. Worked perfectly. For the money, I'd recommend it to anyone with a sohc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I read the title I all I can think is "marital aid"? :doh1:

Ahm, yeah, I'm going to need you to give me that seat...and if you can throw in a p-pad too, yeah thanks

Ahm, yeah, I'm going to need you to give me that seat...and if you can throw in a p-pad too, yeah thanks

Lol. No can do. I can do you one like it though if you send me a pan...