• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CONN.ROD

four aces/lowbrow triumph build video

7 posts in this topic

First off I will start with this,I do not know Wes White,never heard of him until I bought this video.I have been watching the video a couple chapters at a time as I am getting ready to build my first triumph.This video and the way Wes explains everything and the camera angles are top notch.I have built small block chevy motors in the past but as we know,they are not so difficult.I was going into this project very nervous like,but after watching this video so far,i think I can handle it.Wes,thank you for making such a great instructional video.if anyone else watched it,please chime in any of your own thoughts

I picked up a t100 basket awhile back. Is there much reference to the 500cc or is it only the 650?I know little to nothing about them.

I will watch the beginning again and let you know.i do know you will need special pullers to remove the cam gears,the crank gear,the clutch hub and stator,also you will need a tapered guide to align the points drive seal over the shaft.

I need to pic me up a book. I saw that lowbrow carries them. Will have to wait till after the Christmas season.

I had a customer drop one off at my old shop and they are OK at best. I guess for a first time builder they are good but it doesn't cover what you need to do to make them a solid runner and fixing the leaks also how to tell if you have all the right parts in your motor. That is the biggest mistake I see because triumph did minor chages to parts over the year and you have to make sure what you have goes together.

that's why you get a parts book for your engine number

So how does a parts book show you the differences for the parts that you already have? Yes when ordering parts that is good to have but if you have a torn down motor or one that some guy did in his garage for his first time built out of different motors then how is the book going to help you. For instance push rod tubes lifter blocks and head have to match or they leak and sometimes don't go together enough o torque the head correctly.