• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr mac

HF tig a waste of money ?

7 posts in this topic

I plan on buying a Tig and give it a go. Is the HF worth the money or ?

Edited by Dr mac

its a good start....as far as I know, they've had 2 different units, a $200 and a $600 one with high frequency unit. neither has a pedal. I've owned both.if you 're just learning, go for the higher one with the digital readout....mine went about3-4 years and I built several bikes with both of them, before I found my present Lincoln tig.

that being said I found my current Lincoln 185 tig with pedal off cl for $650. it'll do anything I need motorcycle wise ever. so other deals are out there if you can find them.

the hf units are decent for learning. but I would get the best unit you can afford. IF I ever upgrade, it'll be a miller. but that's a long way away.

They did a write up in The horse comparing Hobo Freight to Miller and one other . They claim the Hobo Freight wasn't to bad

Nothing, is too bad, if you get lucky and don't over work those little guys.