• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Site will be moving soon   11/22/2017

if you need any info e-mail me thechopperunderground@cox.net we will be on Godaddy (host)   WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shwank

drills side by side by side

7 posts in this topic

Makita 18v lithium-ion

Milwaukee m18 red lithium

Dewalt 18v (old style battery)

post-22813-0-99797000-1427289030_thumb.j

I was doing some tap work today at work so I thought I would do a comparison.

Overall I guess I would pick the Dewalt because it had high speed was just that, FAST!

The Makita was also very fast on high speed.

The Milwaukee was very slow and even slower on low speed. Very annoying when tapping 10 , 1/4-20 holes per piece of 14 guage (.075") stainless steel.

Tork value seems to go to the Dewalt but it maybe is because its spinning so fast.

The Makita was the lightest in weight just by feel and the Dewalt the heaviest.

Even though the Makita is litnium I could tell when the battery was dieing.

The milwaukee not so much because it likes to die without warning in the middle of a work load.

These are just 3 models we had in my department so...dont fault me for the battery difference.

All in all I would by a Makita over this model Milwaukee. I dont have prices but my guess is the dewalt is tops in price.

The makita does very well blasting all the holes with ease. I didnt start with a fresh battery so I wore one dead in about 50 to 60 holes.

There is obviously something amiss with the Milwaukee. A power shortage is never a problem.

The Milwaukee is brand new last few months. Its always been this slow. I was just assuming its the gear ratio.

I prefer the Makita...I have the drill and the impact driver......I have tried the red ones and the yellow ones...They used to be better quality.....I owned a welding shop for 25 yrs and have tried them all.....Milwaukee used to be the favorite, but about 5 yrs ago something changed and we had many failures...YMMV Red.

Makita 18v lithium-ion

Milwaukee m18 red lithium

Dewalt 18v (old style battery)

attachicon.gif20150325_075958.jpg

I was doing some tap work today at work so I thought I would do a comparison.

Overall I guess I would pick the Dewalt because it had high speed was just that, FAST!

The Makita was also very fast on high speed.

The Milwaukee was very slow and even slower on low speed. Very annoying when tapping 10 , 1/4-20 holes per piece of 14 guage (.075") stainless steel.

Tork value seems to go to the Dewalt but it maybe is because its spinning so fast.

The Makita was the lightest in weight just by feel and the Dewalt the heaviest.

Even though the Makita is litnium I could tell when the battery was dieing.

The milwaukee not so much because it likes to die without warning in the middle of a work load.

These are just 3 models we had in my department so...dont fault me for the battery difference.

All in all I would by a Makita over this model Milwaukee. I dont have prices but my guess is the dewalt is tops in price.

The makita does very well blasting all the holes with ease. I didnt start with a fresh battery so I wore one dead in about 50 to 60 holes.

silly question why are we tapping 14 ga... not much thread

Milwaukee went downhill when it decided to reach more of the masses instead of continuing to focus on the construction industry. I use Dewalt when I absolutely need a cordless, otherwise, nothing beats air!!!

I've got a milwaukee impact M18 that works great, but it's also contractor grade. However, it won't even break lug nuts loose. I know they sell several different levels, but don't make it obvious. You have to go through the specs with a fine tooth comb, and even then it's not always clear. Prices are high too.

Makita is probably the way to go. They seem to have pretty good following with carpenters in this area.