• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outlaw1640

Metal storage.

6 posts in this topic

OK I'm wondering what you guys use to store metal... Sheet metal, flatbar, round bar , tubing etc....

Over the years in have tried everything I can think of buckets, shevels filing cabinets etc. I always try to keep all the little pieces as I never know what I'm going to need. This amounts to tons of little pieces also in steel loonynum stainless as well as some brass copper titanium. I think you can see the issue but the main problem is I end up not being able to find shit I know I have which basically makes it usless to have so I'm hoping you guys have some good storage ideas. I getting ready to make a pretty big redesign on my shop layout and hope to integrate a new storage system.

Please help.

I'm with you. Big pile here and there... A storage system would be great!

I have to organize my "collection " as well. I was thinking of putting the small stuff in bins sorted by type of metal and then shape (tabs, angles, brackets, round, etc.). Kind of like sorting miscellaneous nuts and bolts.

About once a year I force myself to sell all the scrap that I just can't look at anymore. It forces me to really evaluate what I have in the "Hope Chest" of metal scrap. A lot of it stays, most of it goes. knowing that it's going to the scrapper also encourages me to keep it somewhat organized- - different metals, different values. But the thing that makes this really work is that I am always collecting metal racks/displays from the shopping center. It makes it worth the trip.

Yep I feel your pain. Just did a scrap yard run last week. Ought to do another one. I have a hope chest too and it just takes up real estate space. My intention is to get rid of ALL of it. Hot rolled is cheap as dirt.

I separate everything into types of metals, and shapes. Other than that, I keep it under benches and out in the shed. I don't like to throw anything even remotely usable away. I look at a tidbit of steel and tell myself that it could be shaped into a tab to weld onto something and so on. I sell my alum swarf, and that's about it.

Edited by JunkYardDawg