• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
tat2dmthrfckr

93 sportster hardtail lanesplitter

68 posts in this topic

Got the front mount for the tank roughed out. Just gotta figure out how I want to gusset it. But I am gonna move onto other stuff for now and then come back to it.

Gonna start mounting the rear fender so I can start fabbing the oil bag.

It won't let me post a picture right now so I will post one later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the bars figured out and mostly done. Just gotta weld the uprights and polish those welds. All the welds on the risers I am leaving for structural sake

Posted Image

Front tank mount Posted Image

Starting to get my motor mount finished up. I mounted the coil off of it. And I think i am gonna plate it and use the plate for two switches and three lights

Posted Image

Hey dude, what're you doing for a fender? I've been waiting for a good deal for a bagger front on CG.

How're things otherwise?

I am running a stock sporty rear cut at he body line. Posted Image

It has been blasted now tho and the lines cut out nicer on the sides. I was having trouble cutting them before as the paint was bubbling up making it hard to see the line.

Looks good. Are you going to run fairly minimal out back or do something crazy with the struts, license plate, and light?

I don't know really what I am doing with the plate or light but the struts are gonna be sleeved I think. Gonna do a Clevis style mount on the frame and then a smaller round stock and then I don't know how I am gonna mount it to the fender just yet

mights as well thru bolt it with a little bit o rubber in between. At least that way somebody down the line with little to no ability can swap the fender if they want.

I got to work on the sporty a little bit yesterday and some more today. Got the rear fender mounts all figured out and done. Posted Image

Was also able to get a start on the oil tank. The first one didn't clear the chain as well as I had hoped so had to start over. I like this one better anyways.

Posted Image

Gonna try and finish up the oil tank next and get it all mounted and then move on to mounting the battery box.

That came out nice, especially the lower mount :thumbup1:

Thanks man. I got some ideas brewing for mounting the oil tank in roughly the same fashion.

So I have been chipping away at mounting the oil tank and I think I have it on the run now. Go two 1/4" mounts on the top and gonna have one 1/4" thick mount on the bottom. Had to do some head scratching and beer drinking to figure the bottom mount. The way you have to pull the tank out is lower it turn it 90 degrees and angle it down and pull it out the drivers side. So the rear mount has to be removable and this is what I came up with. Posted Image

The lower mount is gonna get welded in the center of the u shaped strap and then gusseted for extra rigidity. Then I have to drill a hole in the seat post and weld in threaded bungs.

I will have to put the oil tank in and then bolt the mount in and then bolt the mount to the tank. Kind of a pain in the ass but it should be cool to look at it so it is all worth it haha.

Thanks for looking more to come.

So it's been a bit since I have posted. Taptatalk was being screwy for a while. Made quite a bit of progress since I posted last. I am still on the fence whether to fab a seat of buy one ready to go. If anyone has a nice rigid mount seat for a hardtail kicking around let me know.

Made an oil cap and bale setup, battery box, footpegs, brake lever (which I still have to make a linkage and bracket for), toe pegs, sprocket cover, pipes, and a taillight.

Just have to fab a taillight holder and a license plate holder and a few little odds and ends and break it down for paint and powder. On with some pics

ef5343ac4de3d0e5aa46b228073c95a5.jpg41ce1f101224b060a207c2133af9c4c6.jpg4a0ec1d28bb33ed33b5e4e5cf3d5cba3.jpg021bed161563f6fd9bbda1b845ecb4f6.jpg410459cf9f1864c26f5fd621feb3c4c2.jpg

Came up with this this morning. Hoping to weld it up and call it done tonight. Then my fab list is very short.

2168f655851f3a38f4fb31f0b156e9df.jpg

Haven't seen this one pop up in a while.  I like what you did for the tank mounts.

Haven't seen this one pop up in a while.  I like what you did for the tank mounts.

Thanks man. I haven't posted in a while because for whatever reason the forum wasn't letting me on.

Got a start on a matching gas cap this morning. Gonna try and get the bale done tonight after work. Ditched the other gas cap to make on that matches the oil cap and isn't so tall. Stay tuned.....ba7aeea324606161b106ed327eaffc4f.jpg

Nice! Now I'm wishing my next build had an external oil tank so I could do something similar. 

Did you decide what you're using for the supply, vent, and return lines?

1/4" for supply and 1/8 for vent and return

I got he has cap all buttoned up finally. Been slow on the progress lately. We decided we want to sale our house and I had to finish up all my projects on it to get it listed but that is done and I just sold my Bagger so more time for the sporty.

I also just picked up a titled xs650 roller with 18" wheels from mikes xs, new hoops and ss spokes. New Firestone 18-4.5 tires and new shocks. Came with the og key and switch. All for $400 and I have a motor blacksmith Billy gave me many moons ago. Anyways back to the sporty.

Here's the gas cap.
a7ab4441ea25c14a09240245e76c0f91.jpg

And I got the pipes knocked out last night. Just gotta metal finish them and make some brackets for them.

a9764f8623766e87ee21d8da2f63351b.jpg

All I have left after that fab wise is 3 bungs in the oil tank, battery box support and finish weld everything then break it down for paint powder and chrome. While the motor is getting done and everything is out I am gonna shave the legs and do the bodywork. Probably go do some flake and patterns or something.