tat2dmthrfckr

93 sportster hardtail lanesplitter

68 posts in this topic

Got the exhaust hanger mounts figured out this morning. c3b7a4eb7fc5d03a52678638f8fd8910.jpg

Getting closer and closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the support for the battery box figured out and welded in. Now I just have to figure out a license plate mount and a brake linkage and the fab work is done. Then I can break it down for final welding and paint and powder. The motor needs the top end done and while all the shit is out I can shave the lowers and start the bodywork

The exhaust mounts are made using pieces of 1/8" steel 5/8" wide. And I welded them to a set of bungs I made. The front one countersunk for a cap head bolt and the back one threaded. Then weld to the frame and the exhaust pipe

I likey. I may try doing a countersunk on my chain tensioner.

Speaking of which, I now have 3 extra wheels with bearings; need one?

So, I haven't had much time to work on this bike lately. And I have a new addition coming to the family next month so I sold it. However I did go snag this so all is good d96efb279104988f930011c55bb1bc32.jpg

73 flh shovelhead. Motor was just completely gone thru 30 miles ago

Nice!! just get rid of those brake calipers before sumtin happens

Nice!! just get rid of those brake calipers before sumtin happens

Could you please tell me why? I am new to the shovel game.

Cause they rattle, drag on the disc, wear thru their mounting pins and are pretty much inferior to any other caliper out there. These were Harley's first attempt at disc brakes, 5 years after the Japs came out with them. Replacing them with dual piston calipers should be a priority!

Hate to see the sporty go but I definitely feel you on not having time to work on it. The FLH is really cool and I wouldn't change anything but the brakes .

Alright thanks for the heads up on he brakes man. I am planning on swapping the carb to a Cv doing some 10-12" apes, tail light, and brakes. Then just swap a few things out for their chrome counterparts. And ride the shit out of it.

It sounds like it will be a solid daily rider with a few of your personal tweaks.

It sounds like it will be a solid daily rider with a few of your personal tweaks.

That is the hope. I just got done swapping the headlight. Hopefully I can see better at night now lol.

This Sporty build is now in my garage, Tat2 and I have been friends for a few years after building our baggers, I couldn't pass up finishing this bike!

On 6/10/2017 at 6:40 AM, DSmoke said:

This Sporty build is now in my garage, Tat2 and I have been friends for a few years after building our baggers, I couldn't pass up finishing this bike!

Well would someone please complete the sporty so curious minds can be fulfilled?