• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurlyBoy

Harbor Freight lift table upgrade

8 posts in this topic

Finally got around to upgrading the crappy wheel vice on the HF lift table. Other than the vice I'm very happy with the table. Got this bolt on vice from Derek Weaver for $100 shipped. Easy install and works great.

The right side isn't adjustable so I set it up so that a fatter tire will be centered on the table to make sure the geezer glide is balanced. The bike on there in the pic is offset to the right by only about an inch or so. I might make a spacer that takes up the gap on the right if my OCD kicks in

https://www.derekweaver.com/bikers-garage/motorcycle-lift-parts-accessories/w-vise-motorcycle-vise-tire-clamp/?gclid=CjwKEAjwu6a5BRC53sW0w9677RcSJABoFn4sPsY30IwJfcYexPt46ZRelyF1NoCe5pV5jj2IjmfpkRoCAInw_wcB

CED80D6E-6FE0-4DC9-839F-A60944106880.jpg

Edited by SurlyBoy

Nice upgrade. The wheel chock on my hf lift is my only complaint and I really need to do something about it.

That looks identical to the one my buddy has. Works great, but the off center chalk throws me off too.

love this upgrade, I have been thinking about building one for my lift table, but for $100 bucks, I will probably just buy one.

I am curious, how does this table handle your road glide? I have had my goldwing up there, and it is solid, but the road glide is quite a bit heavier.

Yo Laddie. I started to build one but it was $25 for a trailer jack from HF (so I didn't have to make that from scratch). I figured on another $20 for steel and I was half way to the price off an off the shelf item. And the point for me is to help me work on bikes, not be another project.

It handles the glide no problem. Have to be very careful about centering it and strapping it down. I wouldn't rely on the chock to hold it for a second.

I put my Ultra Classis on mine with no issues but I agree with SurlyBoy, I always strap them down. All I need is a bike in my lap. Might be a day or two before my wife decided to come look for me.

For most work on the big bike I just use the regular bike jack, except changing the fluids. The table is good for getting it up high to make it easier to work at eye level but you can't move the wheels or swing the bars. With a fairing that sometimes makes it difficult to get to stuff

BFB48386-8879-4806-BE78-2BEDB0BBAEA4_3.j