• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteWolf

ok who knows brakes

11 posts in this topic

I have tried every thing even been on the phone off and on with LRT

I can not get these Fu*king brakes to work

I have tried 2 different masters

I have bled them front ways and back ways

I have taken and just hooked one brake up to either master

either I have no idea what the heck I'm doing or something is Fu*cked

next step is a BFH

and Lynn will not be happy with that

really could use some help

Thanks

WW

no clue, sounds like you coverd all the bases

It would help if we knew what setup you have. Are you working on front or rear? Single caliper or dual. Got a Guzzi with linked brakes or a Mack truck with shoe brakes? As far as a standard front MC goes, always bleed the MC itself 1st. Leave the line off and cover the hole with your finger. If you can't pump that up your are wasting your time. On dual calipers that are being a bitch I block one off with vise grips and bleed the other. If that works take off the vise grip and bleed the other side. It sometimes works to pump the handle a dozen strokes of so and zip tie it back to the bar. Leave it set overnight.

Sounds like ya covered most of the usual things. Can you describe the system for us including piston sizes and any linkage measurements.

Dusty

rear brakes

91 Kaw calipers

Honda splitter

new lines

I have tried these masters

post-16583-0-06675400-1467196712_thumb.j

post-16583-0-21299400-1467196739_thumb.j

It seems to me not enough fluid is making it was through the line

even when I hook just one caliper to the master

when I pump and then bleed only a very small amount drips out

it never changes. I'm used to (like on Skull) pump and when I bleed a big squirt comes out (maybe it's age) lol

Thanks

You should be getting more than a dribble, it should spray. Start at the master.remove the line and hold a finger over the port and see how much fluid you get. If its a reasonable amount proceed down the line till you find where you are loosing it. If not check that your linkage lets the piston return all the way, even a sixteenth off of the snap-ring will keep some masters from refilling.Let us know.

Dusty

:dunno: Checked the banjo bolt? Call me Mr Obvious

Edited by lethal

took the forward master in for a rebuild

also getting a new banjo and bolt

got to thinking while I was working today that those 2 things (banjo and bolt) might not be lining up?

so we will see this weekend

Thanks

WW

You may not believe this, but it's true. A full master cylinder bleeds way better than one half full. Doesn't seem right as long as the hole is covered, but half full and you see those tiny air bubbles trickle up into the fluid. Fill it full and those bubbles get way bigger. I pumped one up just recently, making no headway, until I topped off the reservoir. Seriously.

Get the line and caliper full of fluid by pouring fluid into the line. Otherwise you are trying to fill it by displacing the air with each pump of the handle. I have taken an old cap for the master cylinder and installed a Schrader valve in top of it. Then I applied low air pressure to the system with the bleeder open. This filled the system 95% full, made bleeding so much easier.

Another thing that will help is to use a little air pressure to push the calipers out against the rotors. I've seen the pistons move a little and then move back when trying to pump up the system.

ok got the master back

guy said the cup? had no memory

so with a rebuild kit in it I will see if it will work

Oh and I have been filling the lines and calpers (using a turkey baster)

getting read for thanksgiving early

LOL