• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VitalesChopShop

Gas tank help

12 posts in this topic

Not necessarily Japanese specific. I had to Frisco my gas tank due to the angle it's mounted. I relocated the petcock but no matter how much weld I throw on it I cannot get it to be liquid tight.  I'm sure others have come across this so I'm needing some options 

I have used JB Weld on many things automotive. Crank cases, blocks, covers, etc. One time a trailer came disconnected and punched a hole in my trucks gas tank. JB Weld to the rescue. Sealed the cracks and holes for many years. It can be sanded and painted.

8 hours ago, CustomizeIT said:

por 15 fuel tank sealer is the best.

I plan to seal it after I'm sure it doesn't have any leaks. I don't think por was meant to keep the gas from leaking out, just from rusting the tank. Jb weld is curing now I'll check it tomorrow 

Edited by VitalesChopShop

image.jpeg

Worked pretty good. No leaks thanks for the info

Edited by VitalesChopShop
Add text

2 hours ago, hardrock785 said:

j b weld is handy. are you going to line it?

Yeah after I strip it. I was told vinegar removes rust so I used vinegar to check for leaks. It got some of it out but not enough so I'll get some muratic acid and por or redkote.  I also a, going to skim coat another welded spot with jb weld to make sure the fumes don't bubble the paint.

cool, only sealer ive used is red kote  I hear por 15 is great to. don't use creame