KIMG00281.jpg

KIMG00331.jpg

KIMG00311.jpg

KIMG00321.jpg

KIMG00291.jpg

KIMG00301.jpg

KIMG00271.jpg

It sounds like you are going tandem seating from the WB. Nice build

Thanks! Getting there slowly but surely. Not too sure about the seating yet. Putting more than one seat in this thing makes thc cockpit area so much more complex to figure out. All so I can haul Aimee around every once in a while. Or in case I get another dog as a co pilot...

Holy mother of long chops!!!!  102" wheel base?  That's as long as a Ford Mustang 

whatever you you do for a seat I hope you cover it in the brown that was on the original bike. 

I was shooting for 96".  Once I get the engine in place I'll evaluate if its too long.

Besides,

Morgan 3-Wheeler
Morgan 3 Wheeler
Engine S&S 1983 cc ohv V-twin
Transmission Mazda 5-speed manual with torque damper
Dimensions
Wheelbase 92 in (2,336.8 mm)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. 

You could probably fit a pack of hounds in it

working through this configuration in my head at the moment......passenger is a bit behind the driver.  LHD rather than RHDGNhot rod tub.jpg

I think I like the ones that the cockpit opening is symmetrical with the seats staggered better and there is a tiny bit of room behind the drivers seat for whiskey n pills or what ever.

Dusty 

Drums on. Cleaning up the backing plates before installing shoes, springs, etc. Mock up wheels on. Got the motor off the dolly and onto the frame. Now I can design the motor mounts, pull  the rest of the original venture frame from the motor. Once I get the mounts tacked together, the frame gets final welded. Gusseted, tubed, etc

ah sheet 3.jpg

ah sheet 2.jpg

ahh sheet.jpg

frame's separated from the motor entirely. This is how low the hood actually sits on over the motor.oh yeah.jpg

I have pined this to the top

WhiteWolf

alright im back on the job. Plan this summer is to get the speedster type body figured out, and hoop the frame rails, cage it out. Then the fun stuff can begin. Spent alot of time figuring out how I was going to do the sheet metal on the tail over the rear wheel.

I figured it out. i will post up some picture tomorrow.

len

ill be spending some time over the next few ? getting the body figured out.  i reckoned chopping sheet metal thats already got compound curves is within my skill, rather than messing around with a piece of flat sheet. So I started looking at shapes for what I needed.  That hood will be the start. Gonna use some steel hollow rod to frame out the bottom half of the body. Probably end up using less than half of that vw dash section.

body1.jpg

body2.jpg

body3.jpg

body4.jpg

body5.jpg

keep it comin

lookin killer

Posted (edited)

yup Sweet will be watching....we running a 17" from the dark side

rtrike1.jpg

Edited by cliffno350
blrup

getting a general plan for chopping this hood. about 14 inches needs to come ouuta the middle. have to shorten it end to end as well, and flatten the bottom so it mates with the rest of the body. sequence  - get the hood chopped, figure out /chop the front cowl area, form up the bottom half of the body.

body4EDIT.jpg

another sketch. any pointers on how to actually go about choppin this hood are welcome. this is my first attempt.........body2edit.jpg

A piece of 10 guage about 2" wide on the bottom butting the cut seam tacked every inch or closer or better yet tacked until it is solid will cut down the warpage and make it way easier to weld back. If you run or mist a little water on the cut line as you cut, it will warp less.

Dusty

10 minutes ago, Dusty_Dave said:

A piece of 10 guage about 2" wide on the bottom butting the cut seam tacked every inch or closer or better yet tacked until it is solid will cut down the warpage and make it way easier to weld back. If you run or mist a little water on the cut line as you cut, it will warp less.

Dusty

thanks DD! - didnt even consider warping while cutting - good stuff