• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

web site fund raiser   08/08/2017

Ok guys show your support We need to raise some cash to keep the site going thru the winter months (cause I haven't put any aside) If you use this site PLEASE support the site thechopperunderground@cox.net   is the paypal if you want to mail money PM me   we need to raise $360.00 between now and Dec. Thanks WhiteWolf  
Dusty_Dave

A little info on home made Tig setups

4 posts in this topic

I scrounged up a bunch of stuff to built a TIG out of my old AC stick welder. Picked up a torch and some big diodes, SCRs and a choke to turn the AC into a foot pedal controlled DC. Also got some giant MOSFETs to turn the DC into a square wave with adjustable duty cycle and frequency. It's all pretty simple circuits, you just use big-ass components.

Unfortunately, I blew my money on those big-ass components and never got around to buying the gas cylinder. That's why I'm still staring at a pile of parts instead of sticking metal together with a stupid simple scratch-start TIG.

That's a lot of words, about half of which I understand. Looks sketchy though, so I know it's for me!

did you ever finish this