• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
CustomChaos

GS550 bargain project

64 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, hardrock785 said:

yea this rascle has a round headlight and no fiber glass looking body work behind the seat just a chrome fender.ill try to get pics up tomorrow

try and get some images up, every image I've seen of a 550E has a kicker. Unless the PO have removed the kicker, plugged the hole and gone full electric.

Luke

Looks smart, and yeah I did a very detailed looked at the wiring of the US and Canadian Models and it does appear that for the E (80' onwards) and the L (81' onwards) they went to Electric start only. But only in the US. The UK (my location) didn't get the all electric versions til 84' but if I'm correct we also never received the kick version of the GSX... Whereas the US and Canada did. Talk about confusing aye haha.

Regards

Luke

So as progress has been slow and steady, funds ate still tight, enthusiasm is *believe it or not* still quite high, purchased a new sprocket cover, headlight, tail light and plate mount, bundle of switches, and a crap ton of cable... So after rebuilding the carbs I'm approx 2 weeks away from kicking her over and having all the electricals sorted. Once that is done I can focus on getting her road ready, polished and painted up. And ready for the show ground... Riding there of course :) no trailer queen here..

slow but steady it will be nice when your done

got the headlight, taillight, and switches through... Starting on getting wiring in place today. Will give you details when it's done.

Are you riding that rascal yet?

Unfortunately no, seat should be built end of this week, finally back in employment so time is restricted now, but I have money haha even better, I'm working in a Welding Fabrication shop, so I can get quite a few things done at work, got myself a Prism style tank... For Free from a customer. Pretty happy but needs adjusting to fit the backbone. Gonna be building a new girder front end which means I'll get the 70's look. Need a new headlight with hi-lo beam options. Will keep the thread updated when I can. But I'm doing 12 hour days, 5 days a week.

nice to see somebody is still interested :) hopefully finished by mid Summer.

WP_20170414_07_44_02_Pro.jpg

its good your working a guy can always goof off. good deal you can build parts at work with good equptment

I guess you gotter done n your riding the chit outta er?

Sorry fir the rather long time between updates... Things are going very slowly indeed... Well updates, Seat made, and upholstered by myself, seat springs attached, awaiting to attach seat mount properly, new tank (sportster tank for free), coils installed, front brake caliper, all handlebar controls added (throttle assembly, front brake and clutch levers...)... Will get a few pictures tomorrow hopefully, unable to get any as by the time I'd done it had gotten dark...