• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
SurlyBoy

Score!!!

10 posts in this topic

Been  hunting for a big bandsaw for a while. Anything decent goes quick, and even reliant knock offs are going for $300. Found this down in Rhode Island, about  10 years old, bought it from the original owner.  Guy only used it for woodwork. I think I'm going to do a DC conversion with a treadmill motor and make it a dedicated metal saw

C7C7ED0D-81AA-4D56-854F-F2C45997F200.jpg

Yeah thats a killer deal.

Why the motor conversion? Do the original wood type set ups bind up real easy?

I forgot to add the suckage part. Grabbed it for $200!!

The motor conversion is so that I can slow it down enough to cut steel. If you run a dimmer switch type dealio it lowers the power and the 1/2 HP motor will stall in the thicker cuts. A 2.5 HP treadmill motor with pulse wave modulation lets the motor get full juice at any speed. 

Too bad the blades are so expensive and dull quickly even with lube.

hmm good to know. I never thought about it running too fast being an issue, but I figured the motors were under powered. Guess an oxycetalene is coming next for me than.

Keep us updated on the motor swap.

Interesting with the treadmill motor, I figured a guy would turn down a new pulley or to to do a conversion to a metal saw, thats what ive seen folks do.

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 11:46 PM, joe amyde said:

Too bad the blades are so expensive and dull quickly even with lube.

Whys that? Ive had good luck with my bandsaws, might not be using them right