• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Moving Site   11/22/2017

If you want to keep this site up I need your help total cost to move this site to Godaddy will be $300.00 this will also include 2 years hosting then the total a year is less than $100.00 verses $937.00 a year come on guys to keep this site going whats it worth to you Carr has transferred the Domain name to me so it will be our site I can swing $100.00 a year can you swing helping with the transfer cost? if not I will close this site at the end of dec But we need to act by the end of this month 8 days to raise $300.00 Your call but don't come bitching to me cause we are shutting down Paypal  thechopperunderground@cox.net WhiteWolf
ORANGEACID5356

KAWASAKI ZN1100 SHAFTY

37 posts in this topic

So I bought a 1985 Kawasaki zn1100 from a guy on craigslist for $400. I don't know much about bikes but I have always wanted to build my own dream bike. Here is what I got so far.  So I got it home and took the carburetor apart and cleaned the floats needles jets and bowls with carb cleaner. O-Rings were shot so bought some new ones. Put it together and put them back on the bike and nothing. the carburetor would fill with gas and flood. Wasn't until I found the schematic of how the pipes went and saw that they were hooked up wrong and whoever had it before me was using the vacuum line as the gas line. hooked up the lines where they needed to be and sprayed some starter fluid in carbs to get it going and viola. it turned on and stayed on for about 20 mins then turned off. I bought some Harley fat bob shocks and sanded and painted them orange and black. Orange is my favorite color so I think that will be my dominant color. but a flat orange and flat black. Also got the vetter bags and fairing with the bike so going to try and get them on there. The fairing is in pretty good shape except for the signal light cover being broken But for now baby steps. Have to get the carbs synced and then try to turn it on again so far sounds amazing and doesn't sound like anything is wrong. Also cut the mufflers going to try and put some screaming eagles on this bad boy. picked some up for $40 bucks so going to try and use them. Also picked up some 14 inch ape hangers and front light with the shocks for $35 bucks so far not that much money in to it :). like I said I don't know much about bikes but this sounded like a good deal to me and so far its going ok. Any ideas would be much appreciated I will update as much as I can with as much as I can do to it. next step this weekend is to reseal the front forks. I saw what outlaw1640 did with the police edition kz1000 might go that route but with a little differences or just make a bobber out of it whichever one I decide this thing is going to be sweet....well at least that's what I see in my head :) 

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

keep hacking away on it!

So I have been sketching what I want to do to the fairing I got a double light off a fat bob I'm going to put inside it. Also don't know if I'm going for a design across the bike or just a solid color. Not so good at drawing but I think you can tell what I'm going for

IMG_0598.JPG

ITS BEEN A WHILE AND A LEARNING PROCESS BUT I FINALLY GOT THE BIKE TO TURN ON AND STAY ON AND THE PROBLEM WAS THIS SUCKER. THE FUEL MMIXTURE SCREW WAS BROKEN INSIDE THE CARB AND WAS BLOCKING OFF THE FLOW. I ENDED UP PUSHING IT OUT WITH A NEEDLE AND ORDERED A NEW ONE AND ADDED MORE GAS TO THE TANK AND IT TURNED ON. IT WASNT IDLEING THAT WELL SO WENT AND BOUGHT NEW VACCUME HOSES AND THAT HELPED A LOT I WAS ABLE TO ADJUST THE IDLE SCREW WITHOUT IT TURNING OFF. NEXT ARE NEW CARB BOOTS.MINE LOOK A LITTLE TOO OLD AND CRACKED AND I THINK THAT WILL FIX THE IDLE PROBLEM SO EXCITED 

IMG_0694[1].JPG

FINALLY GOT THE PART AND PUT IT ON THE CARB. TRIED TURNING IT ON ONCE EVERYTHING WAS ON THERE AND IT WAS TURNING ON BUT WOULD IDLE OFF. SO I WAS LOOKING AT THE VACCUME HOSES AND THEY WERE CRACKED AND I THINK I WAS LOSING AIR SO I BOUGHT NEW ONES . I USED SOME FREEFLOHOSE THE ORANGE IN COLOR SINCE THATS THE COLOR IM GOING FOR  AND THAT DID THE TRICK. TURNS ON IDLES GOOD AND IS LOUD AS HELL. I THINK I AM STILL LEAKING AIR FROM THE CARB BOOTS BUT THOSE ARE NEXT TO REPLACE IM JUST GLAD IT TURNS ON BY ITSELF AND STAYS ON NOW. EVEN FROM A COLD START JUST HAVE TO REV A FEW TIMES TO GET IT GOING THEN ITS ALL ON ITS OWN.

HERE IS A PIC OF THE HOSE DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PIC SMALLER TO UPLOAD THE PIC SO I PUT IT ON A WORD DOC

HOSE.docx

HERE IS THE SCAN CODE FOR MY FACEBOOK I HAVE 3 VIDEOS OF THE BIKE RUNNING BUT I CANT UPLOAD THEM TAKE A LOOK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I POST A BUNCH OF STUPID SHIT ALSO BUT JUST IGNORE IT LOL OR ENJOY IT ONE OF THE 2 :)

IMG_0756[1].PNG

I WAS LOOKING IN TO AIR FILTERS FOR MY BIKE SINCE I GOT IT RUNNING. RIGHT NOW I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ON THERE BUT IT SOUNDS PRETTY MEAN WITHOUT THEM LOL ANY WAY I CAME ACCROSS BLACKSMOKE611'S POST ABOUT THE SCRAP BIN SPECIAL. HE ENDED UP USING PBR CANS FOR AIR FILTERS AND DREW MY INSPIRATION FROM THAT FOR MINE. HERE IT IS NOT DONE YET BUT GOT EXCITED AND MOUNTED IT ON JUST TO SEE HOW IT LOOKED IMG_0770[1].JPG

UPDATE PUT A SCREEN AT THE OPENING JUST IN CASE.

IMG_0782[1].JPG

NOT DONE BUT COMING TOGETHER NICE GOING OT PAINT THE SCREEN BLACK

IMG_0784[1].JPG

I'm liking this bro. What style you going for? Chopper, bobber, rat bike?

IM LIKING THE BOBBER LOOK SO I THINK IM GOING THAT ROUTE. BARELY GOT HER TO TURN ON AND SHE SOUNDS MEAN JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST MORE PICTURES OR VIDEO SINCE THE LIMIT FOR 1 PIC IS 2.01 MB. I HAVE VIDEO OF IT GOING ON MY FB BIT SO FAR SO GOOD ONE STEP AT A TIME

SO FOR THESE DIY AIR FILTERS I USED 4 16 OZ ORANGE ROCKSTAR CANS,  THE BOOTS THAT WENT TO AN AIRBOX TO CARBS, MISC PVC/ SHELVE STAND LEG, AND AN OLD AIR FILTER METAL SCREEN HOUSING. I AM GOING TO USE AIR FILTER MEDIA FOR THE BOTTOM OR ANYTHING ELSE IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS ON MATERIAL THAT CAN BE USED FOR THIS  BUT HAVENT GOTTEN TO THAT YET.  THANKS BLACKSMOKE611 FOR THE POST ON HOW TO MAKE THESE. I JUST CHANGED THEM A BIT FOR THE LOOK IM GOING FOR.  STILL NEED CLAMPS  AND THE MATERIAL FOR THE FILTER BUT COMING ALONG WELL

TRIED THEM ON THE BIKE WITHOUT THE FILTER FABRIC AND IT CHANGED THE WAY THE BIKE IDLED AND SOUNDED. IT SOUNDED A LOT BETTER ON THE IDLE. I WAS SO EXCITED SO I CRANKED IT A LITTLE AND THEN IT DIED OUT AFTER IT WENT BACK TO THE IDLE. TURNED IT ON AGAIN AND SAME THING. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHY THIS MIGHT BE? DO I NEED TO READJUST THE FUEL/AIR MIXTURE SCREWS? I HAVE THEM AR 3 TURNS BUT WE WILL SE WHEN I HAVE A DAY OFF ILL MESS WITH IT A BIT MORE

IMG_0790[1].JPG

so I wanted a cool bobber light and license plate but didn't know which one I wanted then I saw a 24 oz can of rockstar the yellow can and a broken computer chair base and just like that light bulb. what if I used it as the housing for my tail light and modify the stock light and what if I took the base of the broken chair and cut it up for the license plate holder. here is what I have done so far.

IMG_0845[1].JPG