• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Fund Raiser   10/02/2017

ok sooooooooooooo here's the deal I am hoping to have a new hosting site by the end Nov middle of Dec That being said I have had only 2 peeps offering to help support the site So I think those who want to help should hold on to your cash till then. I do not want to take any money and then the site close (cause that would not be right) Many be can find some extra before then so no one has to pitch in. That's it for now Thanks WhiteWolf  

23 posts in this topic

So I was trying to save this until I got all the parts together but oh what the hell. I'd dig some advice on it and I haven't seen a build in a while. So here you have it. image%3A15090

image%3A15098

So far I got the 1978 cb750 frame and motor, a 3.5 gallon king tank, set of vintage style z-bars which should be here tomorrow. I'm considering doing a konged frame, but then again I'm also thinking hard tail. What do you guys think?

Yous pictures doont work so gooder.

Dusty

Kong it.

Pics did not work. 

1 hour ago, metalhead777 said:

Shit. Any tips for uploading pics

I prefer to open a Photo Bucket account then copy the img link address right into the body of the message. This will work on all web sites as far as I know. If you insist on uploading them, at the bottom left of the reply window next to the paperclip you can drag photo files or click choose files but you are way limited in file size this way. With the img file link you can post lots n lots I have never found a upper limit.

Dusty

Ok so I made a bit of progress. I'll post pics later today from my girlfriends phone. For some reason mine refuses to upload pictures to any Website.

Cut off that ugly triple backbone and mocked the king tank on it. Not too bad looking. Nicked my downtibes a bit with the grinder. Removed the point cover to find a bar point plate. No points or nothing. Luckily I found some on the internet I'll be ordering come payday. Other engine electrical components seem to be there. Got a hardtail kit from tcbros on the way and a coworker of mine just so happened to be willing to let me use his garage to weld it up. I also received my Z bars.

So here's the plan: 

Hardtailed frame, sprung solo seat (got my eye on a fringed one on jpcycles)

3.5 gallon Harley king tank. 

Z bars with custom leather grips. 

Chrome floating rear fender

Forward controls. 

Upswept fishtails

Welded roller chain sissybar (like off my last bike)

And 4-6" over forks, hopefully springer if I can get the machined trees. Pictures to come soon

Sounds good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds cool do it!

Fringes in seat?

Fishtails rule

Nuthin sez 'leather' like fringe....

Pics from my gfs phone. The exhaust came off an xj750s parts bike I've got. Don't know if it'll fit but you never do till you try

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

Potential 

Chop 

Drop

Roll it

It's taking shape

Ya cut off the upper frame braces? I hope ya got a way to compensate, that backbone is gonna move around a bit. Seen it before many years ago.....

31 minutes ago, joe amyde said:

Ya cut off the upper frame braces? I hope ya got a way to compensate, that backbone is gonna move around a bit. Seen it before many years ago.....

I was originally gonna Kong it like in the honda chopper bible but I bought a hard tail kit from tc Bros. So I'm hoping that with some cross braces will prevent any warping

55 minutes ago, Blackchop1 said:

Potential 

Chop 

Drop

Roll it

It's taking shape

I got the hard tail kit. I'm trying to find a place to do my welding now. And I'm thinking I might wanna rake the neck a few degrees. Still haven't decided on the front end though

All right, pics!  Looks like a great place to start.  Do your homework, brace it up good when you hardtail it, (we gotta keep you around as long as possible) and it'll be awesome. I always thought if I ever hardtail one I'd slide a bigger tube up over the middle back bone to stiffen it up and hardtail from there.  What ever you do keep on truckin... 

19 hours ago, EvilWickedMean&Nasty said:

All right, pics!  Looks like a great place to start.  Do your homework, brace it up good when you hardtail it, (we gotta keep you around as long as possible) and it'll be awesome. I always thought if I ever hardtail one I'd slide a bigger tube up over the middle back bone to stiffen it up and hardtail from there.  What ever you do keep on truckin... 

Its funny you said that because I was actually thinking about that. Sliding a brace tube up over the backbone. And if you could help with bracing location advice that's come in handy. The kit only came with 2 but I know that ain't enough. And yes. I definitely want to stick around. I've only had one accident but it was a nasty one. 6 broken bones and 5 surgeries as well as blood clots and a busted tooth. And road rash. I definitely don't wanna wreck again

Geebus!  Sounds like a bad day!

I was really just kinda thinking out loud about the back bone.  I never cut up a Honda frame myself so I can't offer specific first hand advice.  There are plenty here who have done loads of them though so help should be coming forth with.  From other frames I've been involved with though I can say, I like to triangulate in a gusset anywhere I make a joint.  If your going to ad stretch to any tubes bung them inside, preferably with hollow DOM. Never just butt weld.  If you're confident enough in your welds that you would let your kid ride your bike on the interstate at rush hour then proceed. Otherwise have a pro do it.  

That's all I have to say about that.

It's a Yamaha but the same type of ugly assed three tube frame. I slid a slightly larger tube over the factory tube. Then clipped the two lower tubes ans bent them until they became fairly attractive braces. then I added a center post to stiffen it up. And the hard tail of course.

Dusty 

IM001161.JPG 

So I bought some cold rolled square tubing and 3/8 plate steel and a few other odds and ins. After several hours at the drawing board my buddy and I managed to dream up some weird springer/girder hybrid using some xj750 shocks I had lying around. Pics soon

Pics soon

I'm still working at her. Things are a bit more difficult now that I live on the third floor. I've got family visiting in October so finances are tight but after that I should be good to go. Having trouble finding someone to weld up the frame. No fabricator wants to touch it