• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Donation Info   11/12/2017

If we can make it thru to the end of March we will be good till then PayPal thechopperunderground@cox.net Thanks WhiteWolf
Williamc84

CB750 Project

21 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got some time to start working on a project I've had laying around for awhile. Got the rockers milled out to accept the new front wheel and cleaned the engine up and tossed it back in the frame. I painted the tank slowly over the last month and a half or so. Still need to do the final buff on the clear coat, but it's getting there. Does anyone happen to know the make of the frame? it is setup to accept the original oil bag over on the right hand side, if that helps at all.  

CB750_1.JPG

CB750_2.JPG

CB750_3.JPG

Been slowly working the Carbs. This bike was stashed around 8 years ago in a garage, and the PO didn't drain the gas. The Carbs are completely lacquered, and goo'd up. Once I get them finished, I'll start getting the wiring going.

Did make a pretty good score going through the parts box that came with the bike. New Dyna S ignition, new coil pack, new rectifier/regulator combo, and various other parts. Anyone wire up the Dyna S on one of these? Haven't done it yet. Sure it's not super complicated.

Bitchen CB! Comin along nicely

Got a little more done. Oil Tank mounted. Carbs cleaned and re-installed. Most of the wiring complete. Throttle and clutch setup. Ignition wired in. Wiring box and battery tray installed. And some random bits and pieces installed. CB With carbs 2.JPGCB With Carbs.JPG

Didn't get as much as I wanted done today. Continued to get the exhaust cleaned up, at least enough to run it. Ran a couple oil lines. Checked and cleaned to the plugs, and put the plug wires on. Prepped the rear fender for paint. That's about it. Hopefully I can get the exhaust mounted up tomorrow after work. Guess we'll see how the day goes.

Got it fired up tonight. Just waiting on a few parts so I can get it on the road.

All right! Need to send in sum on da road pics soon

As long as the weather holds out. Rides on my Dyna are getting shorter this time of year haha.

So looking at the frame (or any Amen CB frame), does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on putting some forward controls together? I feel like I should replace these ones. They are janky as fuck.

Check out the BBO threads, lotsa ideas and construction pics there.

Looks awesome man! Love that front end.

I have TC Bros forward controls on my frame and I like them. I have the universal ones and I have what looks to be the same frame as yours. Guessing that yours is an AMEN Hardtail frame? Mine has been chopped up a tiny bit and made to fit a DOHC.

I dont know how well you can see them in this picture. Excuse the dirty bike. Country life and dirt roads.

What kind of dog ya got there in the one picture?

20150522_124946_resize.jpg

Edited by Hippie459MN

She a little Healer/Mutt. Was a recue dog, so I don't know a lot about her.

I think I'm just going to strip these forwards down, and rework them. I assembled them and took the bike out for a short run last night. They seem to do the job, they're just not the prettiest. I think a little time on the grinder and they'll be good to go.

I like that green a lot. Looks damn good.

Just wondering about the dog. I have been around Blue Heelers and pretty much my whole life have one now and you dont see them too often so I get excited when I see one. lol

Good deal on the controls. I was going to fab up my own but I scored mine cheap and I actually really like them. Bare bones and simple. And thank you. Im a big fan of green so it was only fitting.

This is my second Heeler now. First dog was amazing. This one is a little iffy/skittish about everything in life. Completely opposite of my last dog. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Hippie459MN said:

Good deal on the controls. I was going to fab up my own but I scored mine cheap and I actually really like them. Bare bones and simple. And thank you. Im a big fan of green so it was only fitting.

Just posting an update. Just a few odds and ends left.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg