• Announcements

• WhiteWolf

Site will be moving soon   11/22/2017

if you need any info e-mail me thechopperunderground@cox.net we will be on Godaddy (host)   WhiteWolf
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dalelemons4

No Power at all after repair

3 posts in this topic

1983 Honda Nighthawk 650. 

Rode the bike for a while last night. Its been riding fine with no issues for some time now. I parked it and did some work. 

-rebuilt the steering bearings

-bled the hydrolic clutch and brake systems

put it all back together and I get NO power whatsoever. The battery is new and it reads 12.79 Volts at the post, at the solenoid, after the solenoid. I didn't disconnect the battery when I did this (DUMB I KNOW.) There is a 30amp fuse at the starter solenoid. Its good. There are 4 15amp fuses under the headlight. these are also fine. When I had to take the forks off and the clamps and all to get to the steering bearings, the instruments, fuse box, handlebars / controls, were all kinda just hanging there. 

Do you guys think something came unplugged? Did I fry something? Short circuit? Bad Solenoid? 

Thank you in advance for any help

always check your grounds, do you have the voltmeter grounded on the battery post? Try grounding it to frame and recheck everything. recheck ignition switch wiring, make sure you have power coming back out of it.  Do you have a kill switch on handle bars? Sumtin coulda got unplugged....good luck

something must have came unplugged, or a wire got tore loose some  where. go through EVERYTHING one by one. good time to clean the connections anyway.