10 replies to this topic

#1 tebeme38

tebeme38

Fouled Plug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

found a frame on ebay for my t100 within a few hours of me...does have a 45 degree rake....trying to determine how to figure what size overstock front end i can put on it...im not very good at that...any help please? thanks in advance!

#2 thebigbry

thebigbry

Two Wheel Terror

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

found a frame on ebay for my t100 within a few hours of me...does have a 45 degree rake....trying to determine how to figure what size overstock front end i can put on it...im not very good at that...any help please? thanks in advance!

Alot of variables. Does it have hard tail? size wheels , how it it raked? up and out, or just tilted? blah blah. but 45* on T100 should take a fairly long front end.
"More fun than an open casket funeral!"
The Accused

" If it aint long it's wrong.

Sugar Bear

This place a regular geographical oddity, ain't it?-- two damn weeks from every where!

#3 tebeme38

tebeme38

Fouled Plug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649 its on ebay...hardtail...etc....really like your bike....but taking your guys advice and not cutting my frame....this one the price is right...let me know what ya think? thanks

#4 slime

slime

Supporting Vendor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,946 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350361972522?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 its on ebay...hardtail...etc....really like your bike....but taking your guys advice and not cutting my frame....this one the price is right...let me know what ya think? thanks

Ten friggin pics and not a single shot of the profile. :brickwall:

I'm thinking ten/twelve over. But just a guess.

And I would plan on blasting all the paint and Bondo off the frame to check out the welds. Ya never know what some halfwit has done to the frame and covered with filler. :brickwall:

Edited by shovelbyslime, 16 January 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#5 >T<

>T<

Two Wheel Terror

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

most likely has a 4" over hardtail .
at 45 degree rake- id say 10-12 possibly more depending wheel size as well as whatever kind of frontend you run
going to be one long beast with that kind of rake on it.
myself i dont like anything over 40 degree rake.
Posted Image
LIFE IS SHORT... PRAY HARD

#6 dirtydan

dirtydan

Two Wheel Terror

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

I've purchased quite a few parts from those guys over the years. Most of their stuff is ok but its really a crap shoot. I'd say prob 80% of the time its ok but obviously pictures are taken to provide the best view from their prospective. So I guess the real answer is if you can get it for real cheap go for it. If you have to pay top dollar I would pass. Just my experience.
thanks
dan
I would rather die as a man than live as a pussy.

#7 tebeme38

tebeme38

Fouled Plug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

I've purchased quite a few parts from those guys over the years. Most of their stuff is ok but its really a crap shoot. I'd say prob 80% of the time its ok but obviously pictures are taken to provide the best view from their prospective. So I guess the real answer is if you can get it for real cheap go for it. If you have to pay top dollar I would pass. Just my experience.
thanks
dan

the
i was wondering how they were...I called them up to get info on the frame since they took it apart, the lady i talked to had no clue on any of the details...its been up for auction a few times...i figured i will wait and see if it sells then give em a call...they are only a few
hrs from me

#8 tebeme38

tebeme38

Fouled Plug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649 its on ebay...hardtail...etc....really like your bike....but taking your guys advice and not cutting my frame....this one the price is right...let me know what ya think? thanks

Ten friggin pics and not a single shot of the profile. :brickwall:

I'm thinking ten/twelve over. But just a guess.

And I would plan on blasting all the paint and Bondo off the frame to check out the welds. Ya never know what some halfwit has done to the frame and covered with filler. :brickwall:

good thoughts..i will do that if i decide to buy it dont want to be riding down the road and half the bike pass me up! thanks

#9 Jersey Mutt

Jersey Mutt

Two Wheel Terror

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Biggest problem I see is no title. Titles are getting harder and harder to get in most states. One Maine DMV offers titles but are asking up to $800 bucks and they don't want to deal with certain states so unless you know you can get a title easily (or the transferable registration that some states use) I would stop right there.

Also in one of the pics I saw a hole drilled with no bung. That would seriously weeken the frame too but it wasn't very clear in the pic plus there were areas where the paint was popping off - poor adheision or was it stress?

You can't really guess on a front end length. If you get it, get the wheels you plan on using, install the rear and block the frame up with the ground clearence you want. Also level the frame if you want it to sit level, stand up the front wheel where you want it and run a straight to the center point of the axle and measure - is there anything I forgot? This is the time to figure out your rake and trail cause you may need offset triple trees to bring those R&T #'s into line.

Have fun

Mutt

#10 tebeme38

tebeme38

Fouled Plug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Mutt...great info....im still learning on rake and Trail...currently have a two over front end on my t100 now.. had some insight on my bike on another forum...from the guys..great info....not afraid to tear it down...but thinking of the no title....sometimes easy sometimes hard to get here in ohio...plus going through the inspection etc....may just tear down repaint, new tank and handlebars....toughest thing i had wia th it was the wiring...when i rewired..i think i need a better gauge of wire..etc...

Attached Files

#11 Red Good

Red Good

Two Wheel Terror

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Best bet to figure out your frt end length is to set the frame on some blocks that are the same as the ride height you want and keep it level front to back . Then fetch the wheel your going to use with the tire mounted . Have your honey hold it between her knees and run a straight edge down the neck till you reach the height of the wheel axle . Then add 2 inches and away you go . The 2 inches is for pre load cause you have no weight in the frame . The power train will most likely cause the frt end to sag an inch and it's nice to have an extra inch just to keep the frt of the frame a touch higher than the rear.
I would not buy any front end parts till I had the frame in my hands, it save making expensive mistakes .

Hope this helps Red